Wednesday, June 22, 2005

some of today

i went back to sleep after my alarm today. during that time i had an awful dream about my boss yelling at me and stuff. then today on my way to work i realized i forgot my badge. on a normal day it would be ok but not on a day i have to go to bettis. so once we got to work i got the cavalier and came hoem got the badge and went straight to bettis for the tour that was to last an hour. well really it was 2 mini half hour tours and our group was broken up. 25 min into the first one i had to leave becuase i was so lightheaded and going to pass out. i was starting to black out. i left to go to the bathroom cuz i knew they would have chairs in there. i got a paper towel to wet but the stupid sinks were automatic and werne't cold. so i got a new papertowel and went to the waterfountain. that saved me for the 2nd little tour cuz i kept putting it on my neck and stuff. then i got back and had all this stuff to do or to learn to do. i dropped off a security form and my phone to get a new sticker on it. then the interns were debating watchign a video during lunch to prepare us for the shipyard tour. but as of 11:30 when my lunch was supposed to start they hadn't decided so i went walking. but really i was still making copies and caused a paper jam so i was fixing that until 11:35.

i walked at lunch and caught up to the walking club organizers and said how interns shouldnt have to walk as many miles to get the prize and stuff cuz we aren't there the full duration of the club.  they said they would take that into consideration  but then also said i coudl walk after work.  then at 12:08 i returned to the 10th floor to receive an e-mail to say we were going to try the videos at 12... so i e-mail and sy i'll be down. i go down to the 2nd lfoor only to not find them so i go up to 8 to find pat and he's sitting there sayign they decided not to (pat was also talking to him about it)  so i didn't get upstairs to actually start eating my lunch until 12:30. at 1:15 when i was leaving to go to Bettis i was still eating my sandwich. i hadn't gotten to any more of my lunch.  i was tryign to get some stuff done before leaving. i didn't actually get to leave y 1:15. it was more liek 1:20. 

c i was worried about this mornign and my lack of lunch because i was warned our 2-4 thing we would have to be standing.  lucky thing was i got to share a chare with this girl. the guy talkign to us told her to take the chair cuz she was in front of me but she was nice and shared it.  it was such a beneficial program at 2..the best yet. 

then i came home at 4:30ish instead of traveling back to work and getting everything out in time to leave. so while telling my mom about my day i was getting all lightheaded again. the room was spinnign a bit throughout the day and i felt a little clammy. i didn't ever fully recover from this morning.  she made me drink juice.

my arm keeps throbbing on and off ht epast few days (like someone punched me). and actually right nwo i have a headache and i feel all tingly.

6 comments:

  1. rukkyg (LiveJournal)June 22, 2005 at 9:03 AM

    you went walking even after you were all light headed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)June 22, 2005 at 9:08 AM

    well um.. .yea i'm stupid. i forgot about that at the time. my face turned beat red after .25 of the 2 miles today. i had to walk fast to catch up to people. so i did mile one in 10 min or so

    ReplyDelete
  3. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)June 22, 2005 at 9:33 AM

    i'd like to mention i didn't even realize it was stupid until you said it. i was just going about my daily routine (except the fact that i didn't snack)

    but i did get soem pretzels at 10:25ish from the 4th floor. i ate maybe 1/3 by bag by 11:30. then i finished the bag at 4:30. one might think this is a big bag..but it was only 1.5 ounces. (or was it 1.58... i got 2 bags of pretzels and i forget which one i ate)

    ReplyDelete
  4. iamoddd (LiveJournal)June 22, 2005 at 10:15 AM

    Why were you lightheaded in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  5. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)June 22, 2005 at 10:51 AM

    That's what I've been trying ot figure out. I get lightheaded in similiar situations since about 3rd grade.
    if i dont eat breakfast, it's hot, and there's mutliple people in very close quarters i tend to get light headed. sometimes it can be only 2 of those. when i'm outside in the summer it can be one but then ti feels different. i dont really get clammy and my eyes glaze over and my face is all red vs being as pale as a ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. russsss (LiveJournal)June 22, 2005 at 4:46 PM

    I'm pretty sure felicia's grandma works at that bettis place. I'm planning on doing an internship there not next summer but the summer after, cause I have that one internship with ppg next summer. Her grandma is going to put in a good word for me, and she said it wouldn't be too hard to get me in. I'm not even sure what they do there. Her grandma is a computer programmer at bettis, but that doesn't help me know what they do.

    ReplyDelete