Sunday, August 16, 2009

running today

nobody will care but i'll post it anyway

today i ran 5 miles
well i ran 7500 and walked 500 (aka walked a little over 1/4 mile spread out)

my mile splits were
9:02
9:41
10:14
10:50
11:28

all the walking was in the last 2 miles.
overall pace was 2:34 for a lap (1/4 mile)
I stretched after 3 laps. normally i stretch after 2 but figured it was such a long run that the little break of stretching would be nice further into it.

It's the first time I ever ran 5 miles

I think i walked extra at the end when I didn't need to and then the last lap was a little slower for a cool down. plus my arms were all tingly the past 2 laps.
then i went to stretch but when i did some of the stretches i'd black out (like bending down to touch my toes) so i stopped that. and didn't stretch.
came home and got water. walked upstairs and had to rest on the floor in the middle of when I was telling pb about my run.

I was done running around 11. only drank about 2 oz of water so far.

i'm also stupid and forgot sunscreen. we'll see how burnt i get. I was probably out there for about an hour. well a little less. ran in less than 52 min. probably took 2 min to stretch. and then drank sips of water twice but that didn't add much time. i wish i could tan. man my legs are so pale. it's almost disgusting.

in 2 weeks i'll be running a 5k downtown. I want a 9:30 mile pace for that. don't know if i can get that. probably based on todays number though. most promisiting so far. last 5k was about 10 min mile pace. today my 5k split was 30:02.

No comments:

Post a Comment