Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pantyhose or not

That is the debate... with myself.
I like pantyhose but then nobody else under 60 wears pantyhose in the summer.  Everyone wears hose in the winter so I fit in.

I have tried to not wear pantyhose a few times and just didn't like it.  I can't really handle the bare foot in my shoe but I think I am getting used to it.

I am disappointed that my toenails are getting worse with how many are getting screwed up. I think it's from all the running.

Does it look worse to not have pantyhose if you are as pale as me?  How about if your legs are scratched up from scratching them and getting scratched?

In April I didn't wear pantyhose twice. All the rest I wore them.  Can you tell which ones are which?

I found a skirt I wore both ways. I wore the black and white shirt with that skirt often but never those shoes so I didn't go back to when I had the same shirt on.

So should I attempt to go without pantyhose and conform and also end up with less trouble with pantyhose or should I be more comfortable and be different than everyone else?  But also pantyhose aren't comfortable at the same time that they are.  The thigh highs I had always got a runner after 1 time of wearing them. I have the constant stress if I'm going to get a runner. The better/older pantyhose I have, I still stress that I'll get a runner and then also sometimes they don't quite get to my crotch right so then I have that awkwardness.

What does everyone else do?

7 comments:

  1. I think you should do what you're most comfortable with. I truly don't think anyone will think it's weird for you to wear them in the summer... if you like them better, then do it! I usually avoid them because I think they're uncomfortable, but that's the only reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I got a comment today "why are you wearing pantyhose? it's almost May"

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was me! that was my comment:) i'm so critical and discriminating. shame on me.

    no but seriously, wear them if you feel most comfortable that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just thought it was fitting since I just made this post so I added it.

    This week i wore 2 skirts. 1 w/o pantyhose and 1 with.
    I feel like next time I wear a skirt w/o I'll get a comment from someone else... perhaps I'll add it here.

    i get comments on things I wear often. One day I had on a necklace and earrings and got asked if I robbed a jewelry store. I get comments about my "wizard of oz" or my "Dorothy" shoes.
    I get comments about people being worried i'll "skip meals" and i used to always get comments about why am I so dressed up but I stopped wearing blazers so I stopped getting those comments as much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See I think w/o is uncomfortable for my feet in the dress shoe. but with is also uncomfortable. so it's just which is worse I guess.

    (This was open on my screen for ages because I forgot to choose a profile so it didn't psot)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wear them! Bare legged women look half dressed. Spend a ton of time on hair, makeup, clothes, shoes, etc and then skip the makeup for the legs?? It would be like a man wearing a suit, dress shoes, and no socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always, always, wear pantyhose.

    ReplyDelete