Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sunday

Sunday I woke up around 8:30.  It was long run day but I was also lazy.  At 9:30 I decided to put on my workout clothes so that I wouldn't do anything before I ran.  That did not work.  I changed out of my workout clothes and into my PJs later that night.

Dave and I watched 11 episodes of Hell's Kitchen throughout the day. We finished the season.   Usually Dave will only watch 1 or 2  episodes of a show in a day so this was very rare.

I did some things with pictures.  I mowed half the lawn.  Dave mowed half first then quit.  I also spread out the dirt that we had between the road and the sidewalk.  The grass wouldn't grow last year because it was rocky and also it was well below the blacktop from the road so we got more dirt but it had been piled up all winter.   Two different neighbors gave me a hard time for doing this.  At one point when I was doing the dirt, Dave was standing on the walk to the front door. Some guy asked if he was union or the foreman or something.  That guy was on his walk with his wife. It was kind of funny.  I was working throughout the conversation.

I had white chocolate peanut butter eggs for the first time.  I wish Giant Eagle had more than one. They were half off but I would have paid full price.  I had never seen the white chocolate ones before. They are so good. I can't wait until peanut butter pumpkin time.  I hope there is another holiday before them for some white chocolate.

I brought work home to do as always and didn't touch it. Maybe I should quit bringing work home. I just have so much to do. I did work for 2 hours 1 night last week and 1 hour another night so I guess I do use it sometimes. I just feel like I carry way too much in.  I carry a backpack, a gym bag, my purse, and my lunch box. It's a lot of stuff. Sometimes more because it may be raining so I need an umbrella, or I'm carrying food to stock up in my desk.

Shortly after mowing, the neighbor knocked on the door. He had a thing for me to sign about how he's putting up a fence. We vented about Heartland for a little while.  He's better at complaining than we are so we put up with the problems and he gets them fixed.    He is getting a white fence unless they don't approve it then it will be one like the other neighbor that is black and metal.   He wants a solid fence in the back so he can't see the farm. He doesn't think they will approve that.  Also he said per our housing plan policy it says a fence can't be over 40 inches but per law if you have an in ground pool  you have to have a fence 54" or above. He wants 54 so he can get a pool some day.  The other neighbor's fence behind us is 55".

I also learned that his patio is 16' x 20' and was 3 grand and was stamped concrete. That is way lower than the estimate that we got.  He liked my idea about a retaining wall for the hillside right by the property line.   The guy who did his patio is coming soon to give him an estimate and plan for shrubs on his back hillside and said he'll send him our way to give an estimate for a patio for us.  Our patio will be bigger plus will have a path to the side door and will have that retaining wall so it will cost more.   I hope we end up getting it this summer.  We also have to have steps from our sliding glass door so that would add cost too.

I made pasta with meat sauce for dinner.  While the ground meat was thawing, I watched an episode of 90210.  I used a container with water in it and my "thawing brick" which is just a brick that I put on top so the meat doesn't float.


I didn't even take my normal daily picture this day.  I just held out my iphone and snapped a picture.  I have to remember to upload this.  It isn't even a good picture.  My hair was in a ponytail but I took it out just ufor the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment