Sunday, August 15, 2010

19 of 30 (Friday, August 13)

1, 13, 28
This is the very first time I've worn these shoes with a skirt. I liked them. They are not my "style" also I hate sandals but they are growing on me. I love them because they are the tallest heel I own but they are incredibly easy to walk in.


I went for "variety" and put the camera on the top of the refrigerator to get a picture slightly looking down instead of all the pictures having the camera at waist height. All other pictures here and most other pictures on other days have my camera sitting on my kitchen island.
The 2 of the back of the skirt were taken after work.  I wanted to show the buttons. I unbuttoned the bottom button. I don't know how good it looks. I took a picture mid-step to show how it pulls. My stride is bigger than the skirt allows even with 1 button undone. Should I button it back up or leave it like this?  The skirt still makes my stride smaller either way. Also on steps the skirt hinders my steps either way too. So is it worth it to have it unbuttoned? It may be slightly easier even though it still is a negative.
You can see my gowear fit in these pictures. I had put it on in the car and forgot to take it off for the pictures.

From the back this shirt makes me look like I have a small waist. From the front it is loose and you cant tell so much. Actually I think from the front it makes my chest look smaller than it really is. I try to pose better now with shirts like this because I've realize it makes my chest look small or sometimes even nonexistent.  This is one of my favorite shirts though.

At work on Friday it was pretty quiet. I like Fridays because so many people are out for 9/80.  But it was also hard to get motivated. I ended up staying late even thought I hadn't planned on it.  I think I got a lot done.  I was a little demotivated around noon because my peer reviewer called to tell me he wouldn't get time to review my report and my tools today and wanted to know if that was OK. I was a little mad because I stayed late Thursday to finish it.  Well I said it was OK anyway and then he said "and that means I won't have time to look at it next week either. Ugh. It makes me mad.   At least now I have an excuse to be able to get some of my other work done. I still have 63 unread work emails. I have well over 1700 emails in my inbox that I didn't get to sort or delete. I have a lot of those emails flagged. 2 months ago I was down to less than 500 in my inbox. I need a few days just to go through my inbox without even working on any other work. Too bad that will never happen. Plus as you feel like you are catching up, you just end up getting more emails and more things to do. Does everyone else keep up with all their work emails in addition to their normal tasks? If you do, how do you do that? I guess it depends on how many emails you get. My husband keeps up but he barely gets any. I get about 100 emails a day.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think the button being unbuttoned makes much of a difference look-wise, so if it's slightly easier it's probably worth it :)

    Can't answer the second question anymore till school starts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you worked before. Did you keep up with emails then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I tried to, it would drive me nuts if I had unread emails for a while. But I didn't get 100 a day, maybe only 20-30.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I had my critical task auto response up I still got 100 emails a day until maybe the third week and then it was probably down to 50-75. The only "low" day is Friday because of 9/80 and I still get 30 or so and on those days the emails all require follow-up. I'm rarely cced on an email for FYI purposes on a Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it partially unbuttoned. Personally. It looks saucy or something. :P

    I mostly keep up with work e-mails. Not personal ones though. I'm bad on those.

    ReplyDelete