Monday, August 16, 2010

Haluski - Gram's Recipe

A few years ago my mom gave me a photo album for Christmas but instead of photos it had all her recipes and some of gram's in there.

Here is one for Haluski. I thought it was the funniest recipe.

Oil
Cabbage
Onion
Butter
Noodles

  • Mix chopped onion, oil, and butter in skillet. fry until soft.
  • Chip 1/2 head cabbage and fry in oil and a little water, covered, on low heat until tender and brown. Stir frequently
  • Cook Noodles
  • Mix  above together, add a little more butter. 
That is the entire recipe.  Have fun.  My brother uses and makes Haluski all the time.  I probably have a picture of Haluski somewhere but not on this computer so you will just have to imagine what it looks like.

I think my 2nd favorite recipe in this book is the one for "Window Cleaner" even though I've never made that either.

No comments:

Post a Comment