Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blogger Jealousy

1. How do you define jealousy? 
Wanting something someone else has

2. When do you find you experience a bit of blogger jealousy? When I go to someone's blog that has only been around a shot while and they have a ton of followers or when I go to a blog and their level of detail is much less than mine and yet they have a ton of followers or when I go to a blog and the outfits just seem crazy to me and they have a ton of followers. Also I post at least 1 post a day (2 if you count my twitter post) and most other people only post a few times a week. I don't leave out outfits. There were days I never made it out of my PJs and I still took my daily picture (This day I think I did get dressed at one point but didn't get my picture taken. That's my husband's hoodie. I love it.). 

3. What types of blogs or which bloggers are you a little jealous of? fashion blogs with lots of followers and that get lots of comments. Getting a ton of comments is my dream. Running blog that post about a race and get comments. Well really any blog at all that I read. They all get more comments than mine. Tons of them have been around for a much shorter period. Also I've been taking my daily picture for over 5 years straight now and most other "fashion" blogs have only been around a shot while. 

4. From the time we're little we are taught that jealousy is a bad thing, but it can also inspire us to be better. Have you changed the way you do things, the content of your blog, etc... as a result of what someone else is doing? I started posting my questions to readers in bold. I saw that on a blog. I actually used to just write about my day and include pictures from that day (pictures = pictures of me and pictures I took throughout the day), then I learned people wrote about their outfits. I didn't know such a thing existed. My friends have told me I'm nuts for what I do. I learned people are more nuts than I was and I then started to write about my outfits daily.  I started posting more than one daily picture. I always take 2 or 3 unless I'm in a bad mood. Some days I take 10. Yet I used to only put 1 on my blog.  I started including close-ups of my shoes, accents, or jewelry.

5. What is the best way to overcome jealousy in the blogosphere and in life? I have no idea.  That probably isn't a good answer.  Let me think about this.  Do your own thing and somehow be better or learn to be content with not having the most followers or the most comments.


(I love these questions, but I hate not posting pictures in blog posts. I may incorporate pictures I have taken in future posts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment