Saturday, September 18, 2010

Work Vs. Blog Wear

I was reading Modly Chic's blog and she had some questions. I think I should answer them here. I don't know where she got the questions. She might have taken them from somewhere else. She might have gotten them in comments on previous posts.  Oh well. I'll pretend they are my questions now. Oh I see now, a bunch of other bloggers have answered the same questions and every Friday they do this.


1. When it comes to outfit posts on your own blog, be honest are they what you actually wore that day? They are what I wore. Sometimes I don't post them until the following day. In my outfit posts, I also detail my day and if I had a busy day, then the post is long and harder to actually write on that day.  Sometimes I post it 3 days later, but the title of the post always has the date I wore it. Once I didn't wear shoes and I didn't even put on shoes for the outfit pictures

2. For a fashion blogger, working in a corporate environment can be tricky. How do you mesh your day job with your personal style choices? I think my personal style is what I wear to work. I prefer work clothes over what I wear on the weekends but I can't wear work clothes all the time because I need to fit in more with what I'm doing or what people I'm with are wearing. 

3. When you get dressed in the morning, do you think what should I wear to work or what should I wear for the blog? Since the 30 for 30, I think what should I wear to work and then I remind myself to wear accessories because they look better AND then they will be in my outfit post. 

4. Do professionals you interact with ever make comments about your clothing choices? Sometimes. Most are compliments. Every now and then I think someone tries to make it a compliment and it fails. Once I wore a necklace and earrings (common right?) and I also wore my hair up. Someone asked me if I robbed a jewelry store. It was either March 16 or April 22 because both days I have on the necklace and earrings and my hair is up. It was March 16.

5. Some bloggers openly admit to wearing outfits only for the blog post. What's your opinion on that? I didn't even know people didn't wear the outfits that they post until I read this question.  I think you should post what you wear or I guess if you try on an outfit and are afraid to leave the house in it, but want to post it, then clearly state you were afraid to leave the house in it.  I don't think it really counts as an outfit post until you actually wore it.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Colleen - Thanks for participating. I come up with the questions on my own each week and then send them to the participating bloggers. They in turn answer the questions on their blogs and link back so there is one list of all the contributors. If you'd like to get the weekly questions shoot me an email. (katy_rose1@yahoo.com) - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit with jewelry on March 16th looks great so never mind what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Colleen!

    Chandra from MoMoMod here.

    Friend Friday is every Friday, but usually I'm so busy that I cannot write a blog post!

    Anyway, like you my coworkers are VERY strange with their "questions" or "compliments". I like vintage dresses, but one teacher once said, "Hey, that dress reminds me of my grandma! I like it!" That was very...odd!!

    I think Friend Friday has a common denominator this week: we have strange co-workers!!

    Chandra
    http://www.momomod.com

    ReplyDelete