Thursday, September 2, 2010

"You don't have wings" - September 2

Shirt: NY&Co purchased before October 2007
Skirt: NY&Co purchased February 21, 2010
Shoes: Mudd - Famous Foowear I think about 3 years ago. 
Necklace: Charlotte Russe - 2009
Earrings: Kohl's 2005 or so... my first pair of dangly earrings) -- Sometimes I wish my database didn't die twice so I would know when I bought everything.  All this is from memory.

The picture on the right is similar to mine yesterday, but it shows how I do not have wings today.  I didn't even realize but I did realize I liked this shirt better than the other one.  Well this morning I'm at the sink getting ready and I hear coming from my husband, "You don't have wings today." Well I said what but after a second realized what he was referring to. He must have paid attention to me yesterday. 
Plus for the shirt = no wings
Negative for the shirt = my biceps barely fit in the sleeves.

Pro for the skirt = appears to fit well and appears to be a good length
Con for the skirt = as I walk it spins (like halfway around) and as I walk my speedy walk, it rides up to be 4-5-6 inches higher.

Pro for the shoes = lower heel so you think they'll be comfier
Con for the shoes = actually hurt with all the walking I do and I had to put a bandaid behind my left heel because the shoes rub.

I think these shoes make my legs look fatter for some reason.
I like this necklace a lot with a button down shirt. I love it really. I think this is my favorite shirt with this necklace. Now time to get more combinations.  What do you think of the necklace shirt combination?
I decided to wear my hair up because I always wear it down.
 Awesome plain earrings.  I hope my hair wasn't stupid like this by my ear all day though.
 I tried to take pictures in the mirror that got me in them and got the back of my hair.  I pretty much failed.
This one turned out the best.
I was so tired because I went to sleep at 1:30. I couldn't fall asleep. I kept having nightmares that I did not address all of my reviewers comments.  I had to hid snooze a few times. I slept in until 7:15 or so I think.
I had a super busy day at work. I didn't get to eat lunch. I had to talk to people while I was on my way to or from meetings because I didn't have enough time.  I left work around 6:30.
During lunch I ran the NA-YGN meeting. I learned about an hour before that I was running it. I didn't actually look at the slides before it. I was nervous. Nothing worked out right. I guess nobody realized I was a fill in presenter and nobody realized I shouldn' be doing it or didn't think about in advance what I was talking about so I guess it was ok.  During this meeting my shirt got arm pit stains though. Sad times.   I got to take the extra cookies from this meeting to a meeting an hour later with Directors and VPs.  I'm nice like that. Someone else wanted to take them but I said my meeting was more important.
I went to McGuinnis Sisters on my way home to buy food for my "picnic" that's tomorrow. It's a picnic that's not a picnic.  At first I was going to have it Wednesday, then Thursday, then Friday. Well it's going to rain Friday. Reason #1 it's not a picnic.  Second reason is I invited too few people for me to call it a picnic.  We'll see how it goes.
I got home and cleaned a teeny tiny little bit. I am just so exhausted that I'm in slow motion.
Also I think my brain is mush from working so much earlier this week.    PS I've been working as I type this blog. I type a few lines and then get back to working. I think I've been typing this blog for almost 2 hours now.
 Kitty hung out with me after I ate dinner while I watched the last 10 minutes of yesterday's big brother.
Dave thinks he can do anything to Kitty and she won't mind. Look he just threw his paper towel on her. And she didn't mind. but still poor kitty.
I'm tired. I want to go to sleep.  My feet are cold.  I'm mad about everything. I'm worried the 3 people coming tomorrow will hate my picnic because it'll just end up inside and because I'll work too late and won't be ready by the time they get here and my food will suck and i don't know what sides I'm making.  In case you are wondering 2 14-hour days in a row make me bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment