Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 9 - Gray (10.9.10)

Cami: From Sam's club in a 2 pack a few years ago
Cardigan: Forever 21 (Purchased 10/8/10) buy it here
Jeans: Express
Belt: Target (I think. It is old)
Shoes: Famous Footwear: Nickels
Purse: NY&Co.
Necklace: Target

The cami was old and a shorter style so it barely stayed tucked in.  I was going to have a colorful necklace and a colorful belt but it seemed like too much because the rest was so neutral so I went with all neutrals. I even switched to a black purse.

My first outfit for the day was the purple dress I bought yesterday with the gray tights. I had to wear gray because it is gray for my color rotation. Well the dress worked fine but the brand new tights had 2 snags from how they were packaged. The snags hit at an awkward place.  I'd also like to note, I was scared to wear them and probably would have changed anyway.  Also, they are opaque tights but on they pulled tighter and showed some skin through them when I had to tug to get them up an extra few inches.  I almost wore my other new tights that were gray and black but it was rather warm today so I chose not to wear the warm sweater tights plus I didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb looking crazy with tights especially in the warm weather.

I wore the outfit to Five Guys, Lowes, and then to Target.  Next I wore the outfit for a nap on the couch. It's not as comfortable as it looks. It would have been better to remove the belt before the nap.

I love the pockets. They hold a phone and a camera nicely. I really like the stripes. I don't normally wear stripes or own stripes. I like them so I'm not sure why. Because the cardigan is a V-neck it did not look right totally unbuttoned.  I was going to belt over the cardigan but then since the cami is short, the belt loops showed, and I thought if there are visible belt loops that is where the belt has to go.
My neighbor caught me taking pictures outside. And by caught me I mean he was mowing his lawn and next thing I know he's about 15 feet away from me. I hurried up and grabbed my tripod and ran inside.   I actually like the lighting in the inside pictures better. The sun was so bright but my face was always darker in the outside shots.

My calendar site shows nicely how I've been going through the colors for this challenge. It makes picking out my clothes go so much quicker.  I may do something similar to this longer than 3 rotations of it.
Gray is another color that doesn't really show up when I make everything but the gray shirt in black and white.

Two more colors and then I'm through the rotation 1 full time.
While I was outside, Poly decided she would attach the stink bugs.





Before I got dressed (well before I exercised, showered, and then got dressed), Poly sat on my lap while I was at my computer.  She is just too cute. (I used the exercise bike for 30 minutes while doing kenken.  I got so sweaty in just 30 minutes that I immediately showered.

Poly thinks she gets to sit like I sit but she can't reach they keyboard. One of my favorite things is how she sits on my lap.  She has quite a difficult time getting comfortable. Once she even slid off and then flipped and landed on the floor. She can barely move or she falls off. My legs aren't shaped correctly.

She stretched but still couldn't type like I do. Poor Poly.
Around 9, Dave and I started a movie. I had my leftover Cheese Fondue from Olive Garden and some Steamfresh vegetables.

Today I woke up to an email from my brother. He was mad. It was about his new enemy. One of his friends brought a friend over last night. That friend thought I lied about my weight. My brother brought up my weight graph. She never saw it. She never saw me. She just said I had to be lying and that I have to weigh in the 140s. My brother said she was short and 117 lbs. Boy does this bother me; you can't argue with numbers. I do think it would be quite an accomplishment if I chose to lie about 8 years worth of data and also put that fake data on the internet.





Color Rotation Summary


  1. Pink Express Knit
  2. Red Express Cardigan
  3. Orange NY&Co Tee
  4. Yellow Ann Taylor Loft Tee
  5. Green Victoria's Secret Faux Wrap
  6. Blue Sapphire Button Down Express Shirt
  7. Purple Ann Taylor Loft Long Sleeve Tee
  8. White Express V-Neck Sweater
  9. Gray Cami from Sam's Club

2 comments:

  1. I can get on board with gray. It is a staple of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wear that many gray shirts but I have a gray skirt and multiple pairs of gray pants that I love.

    ReplyDelete