Friday, October 1, 2010

Friend Friday: Highlighting the Negative

1. Do you post pictures on your blog, or would you if the opportunity came along, of people with poor fashion//beauty sense? I only post pictures that I take, I guess if someone happens to have poor fashion sense (me) then maybe that would go up. I mainly post pictures of me. Sometimes I probably don't look that great.  If I ever dislike my outift, it may still be an OK outfit, but then I write about what I could have done differently to improve it. I think that's OK. I don't link to other blogs or pictures of things that look bad. I don't even look at that stuff myself.

2. Do you read any blogs that highlight the bad? Why? I do not. I barely have enough time to read about the good. I don't have time to waste reading about the bad. 


3. Should these bloggers get permission to post the pictures from the subject in the same way the street-style blogs do? I wouldn't even consider posting pictures of others so I have no idea. I would hope so. Sometimes when I'm posting a picture of me with my friends, I feel like I need to get their OK before posting it.

4. As human beings we are fascinated with disasters - of all sorts - why do you think that is? How to the blogs/websites that highlight the negative thrive? Some people want to know what others think is bad so they can be sure not to do it. My semi-positive blog doesn't even get hits. I don't know how all the negative ones get hits.

5. For many, fashion is subjective. Do you think, there can be anything that is objectively bad in the fashion world? I'm not sure. I know there are things that I dislike on me and they look great on other people and vice versa. There may be a few things that I have never seen look good, but that does not mean that they cannot look good. I really have no idea. I work with people who can't match and wear things together that don't go that I think I have gotten used to it and I don't even notice the outfits not going anymore.  (One of the things I used to notice and now it just blurs in my head is when I see someone with blue pants, brown shoes, and a black belt. I'm less observant than I used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment