Monday, October 11, 2010

In the Bag: Purse Edition

Small Purse:
(Note I forgot to put a fingernail file in the picture.)

This is mainly if it is a clutch. Also if I don't need to drive, the keys are not included.
My necessities are my camera, phone, license, medical card, credit card, AAA card, some cash, fingernail file, and keys.
Most people I talk to do not include a camera when they have a clutch 100% of the time. I do. Some of my clutches do not have room for the camera case so I just put in the camera.  Do you carry a camera at all times? 

Kind of Small Purse:
Above is what I include in a smaller than normal purse but bigger than a clutch.
Wallet, keys, camera, phone, pen, paper, fingernail file, Chaptick, and 2nd wallet with many credit cards, gift cards, and store coupons in it.  Note that the keys are different than the keys in the first picture.  This is my full set of keys including keys for my car, my husbands car, Giant Eagle Advantage Card, and some ponytail holders. (This was in my purse yesterday.)

Normal Purse:
(Note I forgot to put my 2nd set of keys in the picture)
Now this is what is normally in my purse everyday. 
  1. Spare battery and charger
  2. Inhaler (mainly for when I run or have races and I kept forgetting it before so I just carry it around all the time. I have one for home too.)
  3. Case with my business cards
  4. Tissues
  5. Mirror
  6. Wallet
  7. Keys
  8. Camera
  9. Phone
  10. Paper
  11. Pens
  12. Mints (sometimes I don't carry this)
  13. fingernail files (used to be 1 but when I was on vacation I couldn't have "weapons" so I had to use the emery board)
  14. 2nd wallet with many credit cards, gift cards, and store coupons in it. Everything that doesn't fit in my main wallet
  15. Tweezers
  16. Bandaids (loose, in main wallet, and in 2nd wallet. Sometimes I run out so I stock up when I do)
  17. Employee ID
  18. Tide Pen
  19. ChapStick
  20. Dental Floss

The most shocking thing may be that I carry my spare camera battery and charger around with me if at all possible.  On March 27, 2010, I ended up at my aunt's and did lots of hanging out with out of town relatives and my camera battery died so I didn't get to capture the great moments. Ever since that day, I carry around my spare charger. Also I take between 20 and 70 pictures everyday and my memory card is the kind that uploads automatically on wireless so I don't turn the camera off right away. This leads to the camera batteries not lasting very long anymore at all.

I forgot to put my 2nd set of keys back in the picture. I carry them around because I have this fear that I will lock my keys in my car. In December I did lock my keys in my car and in January I did too. I never did before that and haven't since. But every time I've locked them in the car, I had my purse in my hand, so that's where the spare keys would come in handy.

I did not take pictures of feminine products which I only carry around at certain times.  I also tend to accumulate receipts and notes in my purse if I don't switch purses often enough. I also tend to end up with 10 pens a lot of the time.

What is in your purse?  What can't you live without?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing with us ! Loved to peek into your bag ! I wish I could travel light, but I never seem to be able to !

    My Blog - A Pretty Nest

    ReplyDelete