Friday, December 31, 2010

Blogger Spotlight - Angeline

I tried something new last month and decided to make it a regular thing.  I will have a blogger spotlight or feature or whatever you want to call it on the first of every month. For my second spotlight, I asked Angeline some questions. Angeline is awesome because she not only posts outfit posts but she gives advice.  She has also participated in both 30 for 30 challenges that I have participated in. I also love that she actually replies to the comments I leave on her blog. 

Where did the name of your blog come from? I chose the New Professional because it conveyed the office focus of my blog and I still consider myself rather new to the working world (about four years in).  

When did you start your blog? March 2010

Did the intent or content of your blog change since you started? Not too much. I planned my blog's focus/content/etc. for about a year before I launched it so I already had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to include and have done so since the beginning.

How many hours per week would you say you spend blogging? Probably around 20.

Do you spend more time reading blogs than you do writing your own blog? Hmm...good question! I would guess no, since I usually skim (I subscribe to hundreds of blogs).  I would be worried if I was spending 20 hours a week reading on top of my 20 a week blogging!

How many blogs do you read on a daily basis? Gosh...skim read--hundreds.  Read read, less than that. But I probably read read a good 30 or so fashion blogs daily--the rest I skim or look at the pics.

What is the main goal of your blog? I'd like to show folks that office wear doesn't have to be boring or expensive, and also offer advice and tips on professional etiquette and growing your career.

Do people email you often (like I did) because they read your blog? Not really. You're special like that. :)

What is your inspiration? For fashion or for blogging? Either way, I think other fashion blogs have been really inspiring for me.  There are so many women out there that have really spot-on style and business savvy.

Do you find it difficult to get good outfit locations? Absolutely. I have a strict personal rule about keeping my blog and my 9-to-5 separate, so I either take my own photos or have my husband take some when I get home from work. In spring and summer, when it was still nice outside, we'd just wander around our apartment (it's in a downtown area, so there are lots of other buildings and backdrops).  Now that it's winter, though, and dark by 4:30 p.m., we've worked out a spot in the apartment.  Photos are always a tough one for me, though, since the husband isn't all that excited about playing photographer. I got a remote for Christmas, so we'll see if that helps!

Do you have any siblings? How do their ages relate to yours? I have one brother, who is exactly 17 months younger than me.

From the past six months, what is your favorite outfit that you’ve worn (and photographed)? Hmm...that is tough! Probably this and this from my 30,  and this and this from before the 30.  I tend to like a lot of my outfits. 

What is your favorite picture (of you, others, or scenery) that you have taken recently? This one from my cell phone camera of some neat clouds we saw driving down to Southern California for the holidays (taken on Christmas Eve).  [shown to the right]

What post are you most proud of?  Did it get the most hits?  This is tough. My favorite post I've written is probably about making yourself indispensable in the workplace. Not the most popular. I find that in general, my fashion related posts are most popular, likely because that is the crowd that visits and comments.  But I feel the advice posts really are central to my goals for my blog, so I'll keep on keeping on.

How long does it take to write your advice posts? It varies.  I have a running list of topics and I try to schedule them, but usually I just look down the list and pick whatever strikes my fancy at that moment. That makes it easier to write, since it's something that may already be on my mind.  I'd say it usually takes about 30 minutes to an hour.

Do you write posts in advance and schedule them to go up at certain times? I try to. Usually I reserve Sunday afternoons for blogging and write my Make Believe Monday and advice post then. Outfit posts are generally done day-of (although sometimes scheduled to post the next morning).

What is one interesting fact you’d like to share about yourself? I really love those popcorn tins with the butter, cheese, and caramel corn. I thought of that just now because my mom just gave me one.
My favorite outfit from July (near when I first discovered her blog) and I still refer to this outfit wanting to recreate it.
So if you haven't done so already, you should head over to The New Professional and read it daily like I do.  

3 comments:

  1. I love this feature. Your questions were great. And, yes, I love reading The New Professional. She has great work style and has a neat approach of reviewing what works in the outfit.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angeline has such an awesome blog, and you did a lovely interview of her. She keeps up a fresh perspective on real life wardrobes, it's easy to see why she made the Forbes top 20 blogs list! Nice.

    ReplyDelete