Sunday, January 2, 2011

December 12 - Philly to home

We woke up around 8 (and I went to sleep at 9:15 so I slept a lot). We still didn't get in touch with Dave's Mom to find out what time we were going to meet her.  The original plan was to meet her at her friends house. I thought that would be very awkward since we never met the friend and we were going to be exchanging Christmas gifts.  My MIL wanted to meet at 1. That would be too late because we would have to hang out and have a 5-6 hour drive back home. Plus we were supposed to get hit with a snow/ice storm, which would make travel even worse. 
So instead we went to my MIL's house. We got there and she wasn't home.  They were out getting our gifts. Nothing like last minute.  We got there and took my daily picture, then took pictures of the cats. Their cats ran away from the camera after the first shot. They are not like gold ol' Poly.  The visit with my MIL and Shawn wasn't as bad as usual. The house didn't smell so much like smoke and neither of us went upstairs.   We only stuck around a little over an hour and then we headed to Pat's (the Pat's we went to on December 10, which was different than the one on December 11)


While Dave was driving I took some pictures of the nice houses, straight roads, landmarks, and some random things. 
The Waverly was an old movie theater turned into a restaurant.
While I was in the car I noticed my BodyMedia Fit armband breaking.  I got safety pins and temporarily "fixed" it.

Dave took my daily picture. Then I asked if he wanted me to take his picture. He said no and then I took his picture.

4 comments:

  1. Wherever that is, I want to live there. I love those charming old homes! ANd I love how you went ahead and snapped Dave's picture, anyway. He looks oh so pleased. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the homes too, which is why I took pictures while we drove through. Half were messed up by trees but some turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of Dave's pictures. My favourite is Dave and Poly having a nap together. Can't be any sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katty, I'll have to include him more, He is usually only in pictures when Poly is there. He never looks happy (even when he is happy) so then he doesn't like pictures that much.

    ReplyDelete