Thursday, January 6, 2011

December 18

Event: My cousin's Christmas Party
Button Down Shirt, Cardigan, Skirt: Express
Shoes: JCP
Tights and earrings: Target
Necklace: Sears
My brother informs me in the car how my eyeshadow is messed up. So then he takes my picture to show me.

In addition to it being my cousin's Christmas party it was also a birthday celebration for him and my uncle. Well maybe only a minor celebration. My uncle turned 60 so my parents got him this funny card.
There should have been 90 candles on the cake but there were only 8.
I wasn't allowed to sit on the couch because I wasn't wearing plaid.
My dad brought wine to the hosts but then here is opening it so he can drink it all.
 
Playing some Sponge Bob driving game.

After the party, I spent the night at my parents.  This meant I got to run in the treadmill the next morning before driving home and I got to run on the treadmill before the party (before my shower).  Dave was mad I ditched him all night but he also didn't go to the family party so I figure it's even.  BTW I was freezing while I slept and later we realized it was because the heat vent was closed in the room I was in. Sadness.

 At 10PM I ate dinner at my parents because I wouldn't eat the stuff at my cousins since it was sitting out all day.


Before the party, I did things at home.  I wrote out most of my Christmas cards and hung out with Poly.

She looks fat here. 
My mouse does not have enough room to move

Poly's bag has a big hole in it.
I was going to have a family party and then a friends party this day but a few weeks earlier my mom told me how it was my uncles birthday so there would probably be some family party that day. Glad I listened to her and didn't plan anything.  Also as time got closer, I was too busy at work to plan anything anyway, so it worked out for the best.  I liked my cousins idea of having family over in the afternoon and then friends coming over in the evening.  There could be some overlap and it doesn't matter.  I also like that idea... 2 parties but only cleaning the house once.
Also I learned my cousins wife's mother cleans the entire house for the parties. That would be nice.  She even does all the laundry.  She also found time to make a bunch of cookies the morning of the party.

This was my first Christmas "party" this year.  How many parties did you go to this year?

2 comments:

  1. I went to... 3 or 4? I think. Don't forget to count the YGN party!

    I love this outfit, btw. Black & red looks incredible on you, and man, I wish I could pull off that combo like you're wearing.

    Trae & John said I should have a big fancy dress party for my b-day like I wanted to for New Years, but I feel like it wouldn't be as fun because I'd have to do all the cleaning and cooking for it. Plus now Feb 5 I have a party, so I can't do it my b-day weekend (I'd like to get the money from the party, though, so that's why I decided I'd do the party that day!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The YGN party was a happy hour.. so in my mind happy hour is different than a party.

    Could you do the dress party at a restaurant or something so then cleaning and cooking aren't on you?

    ReplyDelete