Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Year's Eve and January 1

I made myself sleep in extra so that I could stay up until midnight. I was working for days to train myself to stay up so late.
Poly was purring on me while we were resting on the couch. I needed to conserve my energy for if I went out.  I had 2 things to do in the evening but was still unsure if I should go or not. I was 90% better and didn't want to get worse or get anyone else sick.
Poly was pawing at something. I was confused. 10 feet away there was a but on the ceiling. I guess she thought she had go go gadget arms.
Just look at that cute peeping.
I made my 2010 running achievements shadowbox that I already posted about.

I ended up talking to my mom on the phone and feeling a ton better so I went out.  Six of us went to Mad Mex for dinner.
Then I went to my parents for a little bit before it was time to go to Callie's.  I could tell I was already overdoing it.
I took cookies to Callie's. Some years I make and take pepperoni bread but since I was sick this year, I wasn't making anything new. I would just use what I had on hand.
 
My parents decided to go to Callie's party this year too. Before we left, I took a picture of all the plaid.  Good thing I got this picture because my mom came downstairs and made my dad wear a different jacket.
 Delaney made some cupcakes. They looked so pretty that I didn't want to take any. (at midnight we told Timmy they were his birthday cupcakes)
I figure I should take some pictures of people instead of just of food so here I got a picture of Callie with my brothers.  Mike has on a union suit under his outfit. It was hot in there so he must have been dying.

We had discussions about how plaid is in this season. Timmy has been wearing plaid for years but now it is in style. Delaney knows about what is in style. She's 12 but knows her fashion. I told her to create a fashion blog, but I don't think she will.
Pashmina: Gift from my brother
Cardigan: NY&Co.
Cami: Experss
Skirt: F21
Tights: Target
Shoes: Famous Footwear
(outfit photos were before I left for the parties but I wanted to fit in in with Callie's photo so here they are in the middle of the post)

Timmy said to me the entire night "I can't believe you wore that."  What a nice brother I have.  Sometimes he says that before he sees me or before he knows what I'm wearing.

Callie's 2nd outfit (red skirt)
Skirt: F21 (mine)
Shoes: Kohl's
Earrings: The Road (or maybe Claire's)
Shirt: Aunt Karen
Necklace: She told me and I forget but it was from someone like her mom.
I forget all the stat's of Callie's first outfit.

Timmy said he would not leave Callie's until he was sure that he overstayed his welcome. He clarified that this meant when Callie had fallen asleep. Well we did stay that late. Mike was even asleep on the floor with his coat on.
I used my flip to take some video of the dance party but I'll just include one. (and it probably won't even work right)
Mike wanted to leave around 2 but Timmy, our driver said he would not leave until he was sure he overstayed his welcome. He clarified that he would not leave until Callie fell asleep.  Well Mike fell asleep waiting to leave. He even got up and got his coat at one point and then fell back to sleep on the floor.

We played some catch phrase but Callie was still awake so we weren't leave.  My allergies were awful too. I think I used every napkin that was out for guests in the entire place. There was a bunch on the dining room table and I used them and then I used a ton from the table in the garage.
Well now we have it, Callie fell asleep. That meant it was about time to leave.
Callie woke up to apologize for falling asleep and say bye to use but then she fell asleep on the couch while she was saying bye.  Callie's mom was still up and playing Catch phrase with us. Back in the day, Flo would have been up too.

I spent the night at my parents house. We got home closer to 4:30 AM.  My nose was raw. I could barely breathe. I had trouble falling asleep. I thought I was allergic to Callie's cats but when it did not go away I knew it was bad. My brother had this awful soap that everyone said smelled like poison. My mom said it made the entire basement stink and I couldn't smell it at all. I said I didn't believe them that it stunk.  But then finally I could smell it and it seemed to clear out my nose. I took the soap wrapper in a ziplock with me so I could sniff it if I needed to clear out my sinuses.  It was a wonderful and an awful thing at the same time.  I half got dressed and headed home.  I sniffed the soap wrapper a little in the car.
When I got home I smiled for my daily picture before changing my shirt into PJs. Well I'm pretty sure I wasn't smiling because above was my daily picture.  I didn't review the picture before putting on PJs so that's what I was left with.  I decided I wasn't putting that on my calendar site, so I took another one of me in my PJs.
I also made a little video on my flip about how I was sick.
I watched the Penguins and they lost. It was the first hockey game I watched all year. Actually probably the first one I watched in 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment