Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3rd 30 for 30 complete


I like a lot of these outfits and also don't like some of these outfits.
I didn't really learn anything different in this 30 for 30 versus the last ones. I still had trouble remember what outfits I already wore. This time I had more trouble than last time because the jeans I chose only worked with 1 pair of choose I chose.  Layering creates endless possibilities.

I love doing the challenge and like only using 6" of closet versus all 10 feet but then I miss all my clothes. I feel like I miss entire seasons wearing certain clothes. I missed out on sweaters this winter. I missed out on sleeveless or short sleeve tanks in the summer. But it also makes me appreciate clothes that fit me better. I wear the ones I like more often because they fit better. I should purge the stuff that every time I wear it I hate something about how it looks or feels. I never actually purge though because I hate to get rid of things.  I should categorize my closet better or something.

I'm really excited to do this Color Rotation Challenge (you can still join) and I may keep going until I'm out of things I want to wear. I plan to reevaluate my outfits and clothes along the way to see if I should get rid of anything or how much I should get rid of.

Even though I want to purge, I want to buy too. I have been wanting print skirts for awhile. I got the floral one worn above and it was my favorite. I actually wore it 2nd most for bottoms. I also want bright colored skirts. I'd love purple, pink, and red.  I want 2 patterned skirts.  I better get to shopping.
I need new black pumps to wear with skirts. Mine are so close to being done that I didn't even put them in my 30 for 30.  It seems that I can buy so many shoes that last forever except the black ones that I buy; they only seem to last 1 season.

I really like how my ensembles with belts look except I remember being unsure about them when I wore them. I especially like how I went out of my comfort zone for outfit 10.

1, 2, 5, and 26 were my favorites. I knew I started out with a bang.  What is your favorite?
I'm disappointed the khaki skirt was only worn once. I had so many combinations for it, but it needs to be ironed.  The same goes for the pink button down and the white/purple button down.  The pink/red one too except I wore that one twice without washing it an thus w/o ironing it.  My white button down does not need to be ironed and look I wore it 5 times.

I'm also disappointed the dress only made it into the rotation once. I almost wore it on day 15 or so but my brown shoes were too tight and I thought I'd swap out the dress for other brown shoes, but then I didn't want to cheat so I just wore the brown shoes 1 more time and suffered with my feet hurting.

I have decided that I will not participate in the 30 for 30 challenge the next time around.  Last time around I decided the same thing though.

You can kind of tell I got my haircut between days 26 and 27. I still have yet to make the post about the haircut but will eventually.

2 comments:

  1. This might be my favorite of your 30 for 30s. I'd wager it was the most "adventurous" one.

    One thing I just noticed: no yellow. Was that a rule, or do you just not like to wear it that much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own very little yellow. And I was breaking out of my comfort zone and I only know of yellow going with black (sports teams) and Yellow going with blue (Norwin Colors) and I didn't want to fall into that rut. Also I didn't have blue or black bottoms in my 30 for 30.

    I own 3 yellow things. I used to own 1 but bought 2 more with my Color Rotation last October. Well I own elementary school shirts that are yellow but I only sleep in those.

    It was my most adventurous. It is probably why I wanted to quit it all the time.

    ReplyDelete