Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 20: February 22

Red a second day in a row
Shirt: F21, Cardigan: Express, Pants: VS, Boots: Mudd via Famous Footwear

I shoveled 2 minutes after I took these photos. I should have done it before so I didn't end up with snow 3 inches up my legs.

I had on knee high socks under my knee high boots. I also had a cami on under my striped shirt. Even with all that I still wore my coat at work.  

What worked:
All the layers for warmth

What didn't work: 
The length of the cardigan is too short compared to the length of the shirt. Most of my cardigans are too short now. :(

I forgot all jewelry.

Since I got home so late from work Monday night, I slept in a little. I didn't get to work until 8:30 or so. 
Poly was sleeping in with me.
When I got home from work, I attempted to shovel a little. It was not a good idea to attempt that in the boots I wore to work. I got partway down the driveway and got stuck. I tried to get back up and kept sliding down. I was using the shovel as a cane/walking stick and it didn't help.  At one point Dave didn't realize I was home and opened the door to the garage to take out a trash bag. Well he was actually just putting the bag right inside the door and he did make a point to tell me how he wasn't going to help me and was only taking the trash out. So he didn't help and I suffered and it took awhile and my legs slid all about. I almost wished he would have walked to my purse and gotten my camera so I would have had evidence of how I was stuck in the driveway. Maybe he could have taken some video as some better proof.  Oh well, I guess I also don't have proof that Dave didn't help me either.
Dinner 
This was my dinner.  Dave already ate by the time I got home.  I cooked fresh broccoli for the first time ever. I steamed it. It broke all apart. It made me think it would have been good in soup.  How do you cook broccoli? How does it turn out? I need some tips.
Then it was time to watch TV. Dave was eating or something so Poly could not stake claim on his chest so she made due and found a spot on his legs.  She is too cute.
Before bed I squeezed in a 30 minute exercise workout so I would not have another rest day in a row.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, don't steam broccoli so long. I personally think your dinner looks wonderful. 2 of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...I don't cook at all. So I can't help you there. I'm sorry.

    But I will tell you that I like the length of the cardigan in relation to the striped top. Actually, I'd like it if it were even a little shorter. I have some cropped cardigans that are cute when worn that way. I also really like the stripes with the pop of red. You look great!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I have some cropped cardigans but they are obviously cropped. This one is like the awkward length between cropped and not cropped. :( Also I pulled down the cardigan for the picture so it's not as bad as it was most of the day.

    I'm trying to cook more. It is hard to find time.

    ReplyDelete