Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 5 - Yellow (3/19) - Science Fair

Necklace: Lia Sophia
Bracelet: Target (3/18/11 $7.99)

I love this cardigan. I tried to buy more in other colors last year but they were sold out already.

How do you like my use of arrows (as similar as I could think of to an engineering drawing)?

What worked:
I pretty much think everything worked.  The dress pants were very comfortable. The bracelet wasn't a noisy bracelet. I was dressed for the weather indoors.

I didn't take any pictures of anything besides me today. Do you believe it?  I told Dave I thought Poly was neglected this weekend because I didn't take her picture.

We all already know I ran a race in the morning since I already posted about that.  But I didn't tell you that I had to rush out after the race to get home and shower to prepare to go judge a science fair.  The judging was from 11-2, but I ended up judging until 3:10. There was too much to judge and not enough people.  Judging should have been 11-2.  I judged Grades 1-2 Experimental and Exploratory.  Experimental was a lot more interesting.  I loved a few of the projects.

I had to go out and break a tie as soon as they had tallied the scores and the community was already there all looking at the boards. I had to be covert so nobody saw my scoring.  The community could show up starting at 3 but they wouldn't let them in until we were done judging. 10 volunteers started judging out of 15 that had signed up. When I was done judging, 3 of us were just finishing. Some left at 2 when judging should have been over but others left really early and it annoyed me.

I hung out with my parents for a few hours not really doing anything.
Then we went to Panera for dinner.
I finally headed home and saw Dave and Poly for the first time during the day. Poly sure missed me.   Dave and I played in Photoshop and did some learning about how to do the arrows (which I forget how to make them look cool already).

Color Rotation:

  1. Light pick button down shirt
  2. Red Cardigan
  3. Orange Tee
  4. Yellow Loft Tee
  5. Dark Green Express Sweater

5 comments:

  1. Love. Love. LOVE yellow on you. And this is a perfect casual, but chic and comfy outfit for the science fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, once I was buying clothes and the employee at Loft said "no" and shook her head when she held yellow up to my face. I was trying to match a skirt at that time and she was helping me.
    Well ever since then I was super afraid to buy or even try yellows and golds.
    A few months ago I wore yellow and Ashley (of Ashley getting dressed) told me I looked great in yellow. I guess I need to quit thinking about the Loft Employee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brie, so should I do arrows daily.
    Since I was just trying it out I didn't point to my necklace (and my bracelet is hidden from that picture)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yellow with black and whtie. It totally pops.

    ReplyDelete