Saturday, March 12, 2011

March 11, 2011

The 30 for 30 is over and now I need different ways to title my posts again.
Dress and Cardigan: NY&Co (I didn't even realize they were from the same place until typing this just now)
Shoes: Famous Footwear (Madden Girl)
Tights and Earrings: Target
Necklace: Lia Sophia

What didn't work: 
My slip is too big and annoying in every single outfit that I wear. I bought this slip only a few weeks ago. Looks like I should quit wearing it unless I want to be annoyed.
I didn't like the gold buckle on the dress because I was wearing silver jewelry.

What worked:
I'm pretty happy with this outfit overall. I even got a compliment on the dress in the locker room (before I had the cardigan on).

(Pictures taken after work shortly before dark.)

Daily Details:
This morning I hit snooze for a good 20 minutes. Then I got ready to go to the gym. This took a lot longer than it normally does because Dave woke up at the same time to get a shower and get to work early and Poly was EXTREMELY cute and wanted attention.

I had to shovel before work. We only got a few inches and not the 6-8 inches they were calling for.  It was extremely wet snow though and hard to shovel. I shoveled in my capri workout pants but at least I put on some boots. Our garbage cans were blown over and had snow on them on all sides.  Dave came down to shovel while I was shoveling and he ended up throwing snow all in my boots while I was fixing the garbage cans. I then told him he had to finish fixing the can since he threw snow in my boots, but apparently he didn't hear me because a little bit later he headed back up the driveway making his 2nd tire path.  He did not put on boots and slipped all over the place so he had to gingerly walk up the edge of the driveway over the snow and I had to finish shoveling his spot.  He left while I was still shoveling my area.  I don't know how this is fair because I was going to workout and had an early meeting but he just likes to get to work early so he can leave early.

Sheet 3 of my treadmill running notes
I got to the gym and only had time to run and not lift weights. I ran 3.03 miles. (The .03 is because I accidentally hit stop at one point while pointing my tablet down. The treadmill I was on didn't have the normal  little buckets/spots that I can put things.   I ran 3 miles in 26:59.  If you count the .03 it was 27:15.

I had to hurry and stop to get to a meeting. I did not do my post-workout stretches.
I rushed and headed over to building 3 for my meeting. I could not find the room. It felt like I had bricks in my gym bag and purse and it was rough work lugging it around.  Finally I found the room and the other person was not there. I check my phone and the meeting was at 9 not 8:30.  It was already 8:36 because I did not rush enough. I try to call people to get the other guy's number to see if he can come to the meeting early. A few phone calls later, I got it, called him, and learned he was going to be late and was still on his way to work.  I did not have my computer so didn't have it to waste time/do other work.  I mean most of the time I waste more time than I had to kill just trying to get my computer to work.

We eventually had that meeting and then I had to go clean off my car and drive it over to building 4. Since it was all snowy today I didn't want to park halfway between the buildings. I did not want to walk that much.

I didn't actually get to my desk until 9:47 but I was already running by 7:30.

Dave and I went to Jersey Mike's for lunch.  While we were walking in, someone said hi to me. I knew he was from NA-YGN but had no idea who he was. I hate this. After awhile I think I figured it out but most of the time I do not. I can never remember anyone.

On our way back from lunch we realized how snow covered the traffic lights are. It was hard to see if they were red or green.

Since Dave got to leave work so early because he got there so early, he went grocery shopping on the way home. At least I didn't have to go. He didn't actually buy any food to make any meals though.
The snow looks so pretty.
The snow is pretty but pictures while driving are not so much
Current Gas Prices
I picked up Luchiano's for dinner.  We tried pan pizza. We wanted to try deep dish... the deep dish listed on their takeout menu... but the lady said they didn't have deep dish. I ate 6 pieces of pizza. That's half a large. Then I hate 2 packages of zebra cakes (320 calories x 2).
We watched Glee and then the Chicago code.
Poly wanted in her bag and got confused.
Poly went in the other bag when I opened it for her.
How did you spend your Friday? Any big plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment