Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 15 - Purple (3/31/11)

"What are you trying to be? A rainbow?" - what my husband said to me when he saw me for the first time (a few hours into my work day)  (My answer was yes)

"Purple tights!" - what someone said to me when they saw me while I was wearing my coat.
 I think my colors go well with the snow. It shouldn't be snowing so late in the year. I want spring weather.  The bright colors did make me a little happier throughout the day.
The colors of my clothes did not photograph properly.  The sweater is purple even though it looks blue. The necklace is hot pink even though it looks red. I tried to use photoshop to alter the colors a little to more like what they really look like but I did not do a good job.
I bought this skirt a few weeks back when I went over the entire mall looking for skirts. I tried on a ton and nothing fit right, was in my size, or was long enough for work.  I bought this. I even tried it on.  The skirt cost less than the fabric I bought for the skirts I will be making.  Well then I put it on to wear it for the first time and notice a hole. I hate returning things. I get lazy. I never do it. So I decided to sew it. That wasted 20 minutes of my morning. Finding the thread took awhile.

(This isn't in the sidebar but in the blog post so I hope she doesn't delete my entry.)
Then the skirt isn't nearly as nice as I remembered. When I walk it gets extra fabric in the front. I think it's meant for a butt in the front and one in the back. The design and contours of the fabric make it seem like that's what it is there for.  I like this better than my other floral print skirt because of the hidden zipper but I like the other one better for a million other reasons.
Before I got dressed, Poly sat on my clothes. She thinks if she sits on them that I won't go to work.
Then while I was sewing, Poly went into a canvas bag. Now this bag had my target purchases in them. She only stayed in there a few minutes.
Then it was about time to leave for work and she rests on my workout clothes. I need those to pack my gym bag. She was cute but I had to get going so I disrupted her. Shame on me. I didn't even end up going to the gym either.

Work was extremely busy. It was the last day of the fiscal year.
I got Luchiano's on the way home. This time I decided to take some pictures of the pizza instead of just my pizza bones.  I asked my brother about the pizza bones term and someone he worked with at the toy store made that up he said. Who knew. I've been hearing it so long, I thought it was a common thing.

We watched TV. We weren't productive. What else is new?
I was using my netbook and I decided I couldn't see the monitor anymore. It hurt my eyes after too long and Dave told me I'm getting old.  I want a real laptop.

November 2011 was colored tights day but it isn't cold enough to break out the tights so I had to go to last year's.

10 comments:

  1. LOOOOVE all this color on you! Drool! But in a good way.
    And you with the pizza, again. Grrr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get home from work too late and we never seem to cook anymore. Pizza is far too convenient.
    Perhaps that's why my red pants no longer fit me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the fabric of the skirt. Shame it has room for a front a$$. The color mixing is great - love it!!
    www.fashnlvr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Yvonne. If I stood still, you couldn't tell but when I moved, the fabric really showed that there was extra :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brie. It would have complimented your outfit of colors from the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this outfit. One of my favorites of yours! I love all the colors which DO work perfectly together and I love the silhouette on you.

    And now I want pizza. :)

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the tights .your legs are sexy xxxxx plz let me kidnap you for a fun weekens sometime

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable cat, eh. btw, the outfit is so chic. I absolutely love the skirt and the top, eh. Lovely!

    Cheers,
    Cathy@Custom Embroidery for Your Lab Coats

    ReplyDelete