Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 24 - Pattern (4.10.11) - Productive, Injury

The weather was finally nice so I got to wear the new stuff I bought at Kohl's awhile ago.
Shirt: Kohl's - March 18, 2011 - $25.99
Cardigan: Kohl's - March 18, 2011 - $11.99
Jeans: Express - ~2005
Shoes: Aldo - February 19, 2011 - $60

This is the last day of Color Rotation!
The weather was so nice that I carried our chairs upstairs and onto the porch. Dave and I read. We didn't read for long because of someone making us sad. Poly wanted to get at us so bad.



After reading we decided to go put the shelf together in the basement that we bought over a year ago.  It was actually closer to 2 years ago.
 
There you have it. A nice storage shelf. Now just to put some stuff on it.

After building the shelf and cleaning some stuff up in the basement and carrying some stuff downstairs it was time for lunch. Dave unloaded the dishwasher first. We were on such a productive streak.
So for lunch, I was going to make a turkey sandwich with sliced green peppers. That's what I buy at work and the green peppers are so awesome when sliced so thin. We were going to use the mandoline to do it. But I never used the slicer before. Dave showed me how. BUT he did it wrong. He cut his finger.
He said it was bad.  I tried to find a septic pencil because that's what my brother did when he hacked off a centimeter square area of his chin while shaving.
I wanted to take a picture of the finger gushing blood but Dave told me that was inappropriate.

After a little bit, Dave said part of his finger was probably under the slicer.
Sure enough. It was.  It just looks like a piece of an onion but that's his finger tip.
After constant gushing of blood, we decide to go to the ER.  On our way to the ER, we decide to stop at med express.

They had to extra shoot Dave with Lidocaine a few times because the pain was so bad.  While the doctor messed with his finger I stood there holding his hand and watched the doctor. That was the first time watching a procedure made me want to pass out.  I crouched down and continued to hold his hand. I didn't tell anyone I thought I would pass out. I knew how to handle it myself.

It took over an hour for the bleeding to stop. The doctor said the Lidocaine actually helps with that so I'm surprised it still took that long to stop bleeding.  They said he nicked the end of an artery but didn't hit bone or muscle.
They put this styrofoam thing on the opening.  It's like a fake scab of sorts and will fall off eventually and there will be a real scab underneath.
"My driving finger" as Dave referred to it.
Then some gauze was added and his finger was wrapped in compression tape.  So Dave was in a lot of pain for the rest of the night.   There went our productivity.  Dave said he should have just played TF2 all day. Then this would have never happened.

We were so productive and happy and then boom all of a sudden something puts a wrench into your day.
(Even now a week later thinking about the ordeal gives me the heebee jeebees.)

We got home and watched TV. We probably ate dinner in there too.  Then I worked for 3.5 hours on some stuff for work.

7 comments:

  1. Ohyuck. Well at least it'll heal up alright and he'll be back to driving in no time.

    Is Poly declawed? I wasn't sure if she was ever allowed outside or not, and if not, if it's because she's declawed, and it'd give every other animal out there an unfair advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is not declawed. But she still isn't allowed outside.

    Actually where we adopted her from made us promise not to declaw her. They say it's bad for their backs and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about Dave's hand! That must have seriously hurt!

    Declawing is actually really bad for cats. It's basically like cutting off their fingers after the first knuckle. It can hurt a lot, and it also damages their ability to balance (just like cropping tails). Of course, I'm pretty much anti-anything that modifies the body of your pet (including ear cropping, which can cause infections and hearing loss), so I dunno how much people would listen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhh! That finger injury looks SO painful! I about vomited when I saw that chunk of his finger, for real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley, I figured the picture wasn't so bad because it looked like an onion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahahaha. (Re: onion)

    When I first saw that picture, I thought, "I might not be very grossed out by this, but someone's sure gonna be."

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, I love your outfit. Second, I'm with Ashley! OMG sick to my stomach! If I'd just thought it was and onion and it was left at that, I'd have been fine. But I KNOW it's Dave's FINGER. OMG. Hope he's ok.

    ReplyDelete