Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Water Troubles

Since we moved in (aka since our house was built), I thought something was off with the construction of the shower. I didn't know quite what but it always seemed damp right out side it.  The rubber strip at the bottom of the door is always pushed 2-3 inches in a direction and even though I always fix it, it ends up back in the incorrect location.  Over the years the water has gotten worse that something else is wrong. So now I figure I have to call someone to fix it before it gets worse.  I hate calling people.  Contractors never even return my phone calls (example: plumbers last year).  Who do you think I should call?

 Here are a few more pictures.  It is probably only 3" x 3" and it is at a location that we rarely look closely at.

7 comments:

  1. Oh that stinks, I hate calling people too. It's no fun. I hope you find someone good.

    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calling people is one of my least favorite things to do. I made the mistake of making calls for 4 different things for my husband's anniversary present and now apparently I have to make all calls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good thing about having a super is when something is wrong, I call and he can figure it out. I just called about a broken stove.

    The nice thing about renting is I think I'll get a free stove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike, I was just thinking about how if we were renting this would be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when you figure out who to call, will you let me know!? We have that exact problem. same spot, everything and we've re-caulked it all, put in a corner guard and nothing. corner is still wet. and it's wet from the baseboard up.....weird and annoying.
    sorenmay@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allison, Funny you said that. We just bought caulk to recaulk. We did a "test" this weekend and saw that the water came from the baseboard up. I'm worried now that you said the caulk didn't work.

    ReplyDelete