Friday, May 6, 2011

Friend Friday: Shoes


This week Katy's questions are about Shoes.
1.What is your go-to pair of shoes?
My go-to pair of shoes are my Nickels shoes I got 2 years ago for $5.  I love that I can slip them on with socks so then they always get worn on the weekends with jeans. I wear them with dress pants all winter (except this winter when I forced myself not to put them in my 30 for 30).  They are really starting to get worn out  so I bought a new pair of similar shoes but are winged tipped but I still fall back on sliding these shoes on.

2. What goes into your shoe buying decisions?
Color, comfort, height of heel, price tag (in that order)
I guess seeing it in person goes into it since I never order shoes online. I guess I could for some brands that I already own a few pairs of at home and the size fits consistently.

3. The majority of the shoes in your closet are what color?
Oh this was is so hard. I only keep 1 heel in each color that I wear and 1 flat if I can find a flat. I have some older shoes I haven't gotten rid of yet and I have a few of my little bootie things so I'd say black but I actually need to buy black pumps so this question isn't that telling of that.

4. When it comes to design shoes what are your favorite brands and why?
I like Connie because they always fit consistently and they sell them in stores near me.  I like Mudd boots because the calf fits my calf.

5. If price wasn’t an issue, you’d own which shoe?
I have no idea. If you see above price is the 4th thing I look at.  But if expensive shoes were in stores near me that'd be another story. I feel like I have to try shoes on because I have so many foot issues and I do not want to get uncomfortable shoes.
In addition to the questions, here is what my closet looks like.  I have shoes on all three walls in my closet.  
The left column shows my shoes in October. On the right were my shoes this morning. If a pair of shoes are not in the closet (aka they are on my floor somewhere) the box is on the floor of my closet so a few pairs are missing.  You can tell I got more shoes recently.   The newest shoes always go in the boxes on the furthest to the left. Also the stack is what shoes I bought on a particular day or on 2 dates close to each other.  The older shoes don't have specific stacks like that since I get rid of shoes and only keep certain ones.  

Now tell me about your shoes. How do you organize them? What color do you have the most of? What are your go-to shoes and why?

2 comments:

  1. I like that you keep your shoes in shoeboxes! Mine are all over the floor of my closet... mostly because I don't have any other place to put them, (that is code for: I am lazy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah --- look at you, so organized!

    ReplyDelete