Tuesday, August 2, 2011

7.17 - Enchiladas

Shirt: unsure. Think the brand was rampage. It is OLD
Jeans: Express
Shoes: Famous Footwear - Nickel
Belt: Kohl's
I actually came home from my run, showered (after analyzing numbers), and then put on pajamas. But later I had to put on real clothes to leave the house to buy some groceries. Dave found a recipe for enchiladas and he wanted to make them.
Usually I don't like enchiladas. I cannot handle spicy things.  Since Dave wanted to make them I was willing. They took awhile to make. Everything was good but they were too spicy. I was dying. I could only make it through 2.  Dave said they were the best he ever had. I really wish someone else was over to eat them too because we had 17 and ate 6.  We had so much leftover and since it was too spicy for me, I didn't want to eat any more. 

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you make your enchiladas, but we have a family recipe that is SO easy and so delish - I usually roll them all, but freeze 2/3 of them in seperate pans so I get three meals. Anyway, to make them I boil four boneless/skinless chicken breasts until they're cooked, then shred them in a bowl with a can of bean and bacon soup (seriously), a can of black beans, a can of chopped green chilis, some frozen corn, about 2 teaspoons of cumin and 2 teaspoons of chili powder (you can obviously add or omit more veggies). Take some corn tortillas (flour works if you can find them) and heat them in a skillet with a touch of oil, then roll the mixture and place the enchiladas in a baking dish, top with some salsa and some cheese and bake! If you want to freeze them, just don't put the salsa and cheese on them and freeze them before you bake them. It's seriously the easiest recipe and everyone AlWAYS loves it (and it's not spicy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw man, I wish I'd known about leftover enchiladas!

    Random: Do you ever braid your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the first night since Dave said they were the best enchiladas he ever had, he said he'd eat leftovers Monday night. Then he did not. At that point I figured it was too old to give to others.

    No. I used to. Did fancy french braids and regular brads and the braid that are like a french braid and around the crown of your head. Why?

    ReplyDelete