Wednesday, August 10, 2011

8.6 - Export Days

Before I left in the morning, Poly was hunting. She likes to sit on the TV stand and look out the side window.   I slept in shorts.  I rarely do that. I've probably only slept in them 6 times in the past 3 years.
I found these shorts on my closet floor. I have no idea when they are from. They are Mudd.
Shirt: Loft
Shoes: Target
Necklace & Earrings: Lia Sophia

Too bad Summer is almost over when I discovered these shorts. They fit so well.
Export
Export had their centennial celebration.  Export is such a small little town. They closed main street and had booths up.  They also had some stuff in the playground.  There were pictures and old things in a few of the office buildings too.  It was really fun seeing some of my Gram's old neighbors.  My dad and aunts knew more people than I did.
Petting Zoo
Export Playground
Some of us hung out in Jiggers. It was my first time in there. Timmy and Jared have gone before.  Aunt Nancy said that gram wouldn't let them go there when they were young.  She wants to make it a yearly tradition to go to Jiggers.
After Jiggers we went to my parents and then headed to Carson's for dinner.  Aunt Elaine is the worst follower. She went too slow and couldn't keep up.
We went to see the fireworks at 9:30 (well most of the family).
They started over 45 minutes late. It was getting crazy.  We had no idea why. Right before they started a helicopter flew over. I bet that's why they were waiting.  The fireworks lasted 30 minutes. I was impressed that such a little town had so many good fireworks.

Then I spent the night at my parents so that I could start my day without all the traveling.

5 comments:

  1. It is so weird to me that Export has Days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I guess that's what I thought of it as but it was Export Centennial or Export Celebration or something. They had a website. I should look for it and link it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, tomayto, tomahto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. but it is still weird because Export is so old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean so small. Small little town.

    ReplyDelete