Thursday, August 4, 2011

Friday Friday: Location Influences

This week Katy wrote about Locational Influences...
I was in New York this past weekend and it dawned on me that I dressed differently when I lived there as opposed to when I lived in St. Louis. And then as I watched all the people rushing by and I could identify the Europeans from the Americans and the true New Yorkers from the tourists, it got me thinking, where we live has a lot to do with how we dress, or at least it can. So these questions are along those lines.
1. What part of the world do you blog from?
A suburb of Pittsburgh, PA
To some that is the midwest. To some it is the north east.  What do you think?

2. If you had to describe the overall mode of dress for where you live what would you say?
Blah. I can't even think how to describe it.

3. Do you fit in with the status quo around you or do you break the mold?
Never quite fit in. I wear new trendy stuff but also wear things 10 years old.

4. If you have lived or traveled to another part of the country/world did your clothing choices evolve?
Never lived anywhere else. Barely traveled.  I feel like I'm dressed like crap when I go on vacation.  No matter where I travel to, I feel like people dress better in general there.

5. If you had to describe your style by naming a specific city, what would you be?
I have no idea.  What do you think? 

4 comments:

  1. I consider Pennsylvania on the East, not Midwest (although now that I think about it I understand why). Interesting thoughts on your travels and feeling like they dress better. DOn't know if I helped, haha! Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought of it as Northeast but I notice people from not around here think of it as midwest. It is sort of border and so if you google it you can get a lot of maps that say one way and a lot of maps that say another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought of it as midwest, and I think most midwesterners wouldn't either... I dunno...

    I think, we almost always think, someone else dresses better than we do!

    I mix new and old, brand name and bargain bin... its all in how you put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you haven't. I never did either but I have heard it increasingly lately. I think people from the midwest don't think we're midwest and people from northeast don't think we're northeast. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete