Monday, January 2, 2012

12.16 - To Philly

Shirt: F21
Jeans: Express
Belt: Kohl's
Shoes: Famous Footwear
Necklace: Lia Sophia

I woke up around 7 and started working.  I had some stuff I wanted to get done before vacation and I didn't want to use a full day of vacation even though I had non-work-related stuff to get done too.  There just isn't enough time in the day.

I stopped working at 10:45 to make 4 gift card holders. Those were very time consuming, but cute.  I thought I needed 3 and figured I'd make a bonus one.  Most of the time is spent coming up with a design so I figured I'd make another. Coloring in Santa was too time consuming.  I kept getting behind schedule. Dave wanted to leave in 30 min and I told him there was no possible way that would happen.   I hadn't even started packing yet.   So Dave was wasting time for me and I told him he could go to the basement and get a suitcase or pack up the cookies to help get ready. He did not do that.  He could have also packed up Poly's stuff to get ready to go.  He packs his clothes and thinks he is done then wonders why it takes forever for me to be ready.  On all TV shows they always make it out like the woman takes so long to get ready and the guy is ready in minutes, but they don't show that it is because the woman is getting all the stuff together that either one of the people could get ready.

We hadn't even decided for sure if we were taking Poly to my parents or if we were leaving her at home for the 3 days.  My mom claimed we never asked her about watching Poly but she knew we would be to her house on our way to Philly so why would we stop by if we weren't dropping her off?  She even saved stuffed peppers for us to eat.

We drove to my parents and ate the peppers and set Poly up.  I think we left there around 2 but am not sure.

I only took 1 nap. It was near Bedford.  Dave got me coffe and I drank the entire thing.  That hasn't stopped me before though.  (After the rest stop we stopped at the next one was 28 miles later, then the following one was 78 miles after that!) At the following one I almost wanted to stop but Dave told me I'd be good.   We were playing Sporcle on the iPad so it kept me lively and awake.  We were also playing a modified version of the alphabet game that I used to play back in the day with Ashley and her dad on our way to Keystone.

We got to Dave's dad's around 7:15.  We ate dinner from Pat's. I had a pepperoni cheesesteak. Boy was it good.   We hung out there until a little after 10 then headed to our hotel.

We got back and were tired. We just used our computers for a little then went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment