Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January Workout Goals

December didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped even with making some goals easier knowing all the holidays would happen.

  1. Complete 19 cardio workouts (running, exercise bike, or elliptical)  (December = 18, met, November = 18, met)
  2. Complete 13 core workouts (December = 12, met; November = 12, not met) 
  3. Frequency: Run 14 times. (December = 10, met, November = 12, met with 15) 
  4. Distance: Run 60 total miles (0, 8, 12, 15, 20, 5) (December = 40, November = 65, met) - Goal created without comparing it to my training plan. [Wait a second. I'm loony for increasing it by 50%]
  5. Workout with Dave 10 times. (December = 12, but with all other activities it is hard to also workout with Dave, November = 8, met) 
  6. Lift weights 5 times on my own. (December = 5, not met; November = 4, met with 5) 
  7. Perform yoga/BodyFlow 2 times. (December = 2, met; November = 3, not met) - I hate this goal. I know yoga is good though.
  8. Attend Body Pump 3 times. (December = 3, not met; November = 4, not met)
  9. Have 2 double workout days (morning + evening, lunch + evening, etc) [New]
  10. Stretch for 10 consecutive minutes 2 times [New]
Now I'm not satisfied with my how I accomplished my goals from the previous month each month and then I go and make the goals harder.  I'm not sure if that's supposed to be how it works or not. My goals leave no wiggle room if I get sick. That's what makes it rough. Even if I feel slightly sick and want to take 2 days off working out to rest.
I have a few other goals that are related to exercise but aren't me working out.
  1. Have another photo shoot to get some athletic pictures for at the top of this post.
  2. Create a new running file with more information on Summary tabs in excel for 2012.

2 comments:

  1. What about your fashion goals, like wearing snake necklaces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know goals to go with fashion.
    I do have about 15 days worth of posts to get posted so maybe my goal is to catch up.
    Try new things is a goal but then I don't know what those things are enough in advance to post goals about them.

    ReplyDelete