- Complete 18 cardio workouts (running, exercise bike, or elliptical) (February = 18, not met; January = 19, met; December = 18, met; November = 18, met) [This month I will allow 10 minutes on the bike to count if it is a warmup to knee exercises. Usually 15 minutes is the minimum.]
- Complete 13 core workouts (February = 13, not met; January = 13, met; December = 12, met; November = 12, not met) [Usually 5 minutes is the minimum or I won't count it. I will aim for more 6 minute workouts or longer.]
- Frequency: Run 8 times. (February = 12, met; January = 14, met; December = 10, met, November = 12, met with 15) [I have 2 races this month and am injured so plan to run fewer times.]
- Distance: Run 60 total miles [Reach goal = 70 miles] (February = 60, met; January = 13, met; December = 40, November = 65, met) - Goal created without comparing it to my training plan but with my 2012 mileage goal to be 700 which averages to a little less than 60 a month.
- Workout with Dave 5 times. (February = 9, not met; January = 10, met; December = 12, but with all other activities it is hard to also workout with Dave, November = 8, met)
- Lift weights 8 times on my own. (February = 5, not met; January = 5 met; December = 5, not met; November = 4, met with 5) [Increased this because I need to strengthen the muscles in my legs more so I need to increase the lifting. Lately running has increased but everything else has decreased.]
- Perform yoga or a similar group fitness class 2 times. (February = 2, not met; January = 2, met; December = 2, met; November = 3, not met) - I hate this goal. I know yoga is good though.
- Attend Body Pump 4 times. (February = 4, not met; January = 3, met; December = 3, not met; November = 4, not met)
- Have 2 double workout days (morning + evening, lunch + evening, etc) (February = 2, met; January = 2, met)
- Stretch for 10 consecutive minutes 2 times (February = 2, not met; January = 2, met)
- Do foam roller exercises 8 times [New]
I have a few other goals that are related to exercise but aren't me working out.
- Have another photo shoot to get some athletic pictures for at the top of this post.
- No more than 8 rest days all month (sitting at stretching or doing foam roller exercises means it is not a rest day)
- Put my monthly workout goals in excel or some program so I have them all together and can pull some data based on that.
- Make more collages with exercise photos and add them to my exercise gallery
Why is that when you are injured you want to work out even more. I should make a goal not to gain 10 lbs while my knee is injured this year. It's the same injury that I had last year and during that time I gained 10 lbs and none of my clothes fit. Even after I started running again, it still took sometime to get the weight off.