Thursday, March 7, 2013

3.2 Santa Cruz, Ikea

Cardigan and shirt: Express, Jeans: VS, Shorts: Kohl's, Necklace: Limited, Earrings: Target, Shoes: Famous Footwear, Sandals: Kohl's
I woke up at 9:30 because Hilary was picking me up at 10.  I was able to bum a ride with Wes and Hilary so I didn't have to drive myself.  We went to Santa Cruz to run a portion of the half marathon that we are signed up for in April. We met Hilary and Wes's friend, Justin there. He brought his dog Donut.  We ran about 7 miles.  Hilary and I changed out of our running clothes. They had bathrooms on the beach but we had to walk a bit through the sand to get to and from them. That killed my calves. Walking on the sand is hard work.

Then we drove closer to the pier and parked. They put the top down so it was the first time I was ever in a convertible. (Hilary also put her window down and then it broke so the window wouldn't go back up.) We walked another .75 miles to get to a restaurant for lunch. We had lunch but service was so slow so it took awhile.  We walked back to the car and headed home. It was so pretty there. I wish I had taken more pictures. I only quickly snapped a few on my phone and not even at the prettiest parts.
As soon as I got home, Dave made a comment about how I was sunburned. That was the first time I realized I was. We started disassembling our kitchen table to take it to storage. Then we went to storage. Then to Tia Juana for dinner. Then we went to Ikea.  We spent forever there trying to find a small table that we liked. Most weren't high enough off the ground for Dave's legs to fit under.  We finally decided to use the table top we had from Ikea from before for our TV stand but to buy legs for it. So instead of buying a $200 table, we bought legs for $15.
Man was I exhausted. My sun burn kept getting redder. All the time out in the sun really killed me.  I did get to use the aloe that Callie mailed to me in my care package when I moved here.  It was super nice to have.  I was texting with Ryan and we were going to get together but it kept getting later and I kept getting more tired.  I had offered him to stay on our couch but Dave flipped out about that. And since it got late and since Ryan's phone broke, he decided to just find a place in San Francisco. On the plus side, I cleaned up the entire apartment in 30 minutes and ended up with a clean apartment.
I finally fell asleep around midnight. I couldn't believe how tired I was.


  1. Wow, Santa Cruz looks gorgeous. Next time we are out we should go!

    1. It was on our preliminary list of what to do.