Tuesday, November 4, 2014


Ella woke up really early but I did put her to sleep really early. She woke up at 5 AM. This was not fun at all! I explained her to be nice to me since I was sick.  We were nice to Dave and let him sleep until about 8 AM. I thought I'd let him sleep so he could let me nap later but that never happened.

Overall I was really weak. It felt like Ella weighed 100 lbs. I was afraid to eat. But at least I wasn't throwing up anymore.  Dave was home from work. We blocked off part of the living room and I was on one couch and Dave was on another. Ella played so well. When Ella needed something it was always me doing it. Ella was so good. I still can't believe it. I even told her not to squirm for diaper changes since I was sick. She was so still. Diaper changes were a breeze. By 5 PM or so I could tell she missed leaving the house but she was still so good.  If all days had her that pleasant and able to play while I was curled up on the couch I could do so many things on my laptop on the couch or just do so many things in general.

Every time Ella fell asleep on me to nap, I just napped and let her nap on me. I wasn't chancing trying to get her in the crib with how lightheaded I was.  I was so dehydrated that I needed to give Ella pumped milk. I would always start with that so at each feeding she drank out of the straw and then nursed next. She always wants to nurse right before bed so I wanted to make sure she could do that.  In the morning I did try to start out with her taking a sippy cup but she refused.

I ate crackers throughout the day and shared them with Ella. We made a big mess. I could say she made a big mess but I made my share of crumbs too.


  1. I'm glad you were able to close off the living room so at least you could both relax. It really sucks to be sick with a baby/toddler.

    1. I used to think being sick sucked but that was nothing compared to having to take care of someone else too!!!

  2. Aw I'm so glad Ella cooperated for you.