Friday, January 30, 2015

1.14

Ella had her 1 year doctor visit almost a month late. We scheduled it closer to her birthday than we should have and the doctor was out for a bit so we just did it late.  Ella had fun at the park but otherwise as pretty miserable. She just lied on the floor at one point.  I think 4 shots did her in. 

The doctor visit sucked.  It took forever. I can't believe how much waiting you do. Waiting in the waiting room, waiting in the exam room for the doctor, waiting in the exam room for the nurse to give shots, waiting in office 20 minutes after a shot.  The experience was even more unpleasant than it should have been because a nurse was training and really didn't know how to give shots. She was given directions while giving them on the angle to place them and how far up and down the leg.  She would also poke the needle in and then would have to totally reposition her hand to push the syringe down. I feel like your hand should be in position so you are quick.  They also don't know how to measure. Ella moves and hear head is up 2 inches past the initial line they put by her head.  Oh well at least I do my stats at home. 































Ella did enjoy the park.  I feel like her legs look so long when she's in the swing.













When Ella was lying like this, I figured we should get Dave as soon as possible from work since this is not normal and he's good at cheering her up. 






Ella was in the living room. I was in the kitchen cleaning up. I walk back to the dining room and see Ella with my milkshake. It was on the table!


4 comments:

  1. Oh those crying pictures break my heart! :( I always hated taking Parker to the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even barely took crying pics. Poor babies!

      Delete
  2. I love that blue dress. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Dresses are actually hard to find. The stores have some but they are always super duper dressy. It's harder to find more casual ones.

      Delete