Tuesday, March 31, 2015

2.18

I woke up a few times in the night because my throat hurt SO bad. I couldn't handle it. I even dug up throat spray. It might have helped some but not much. Ella woke up once too.

Then Ella slept until 8 so we all slept until 8.

I woke up with absolutely no voice. Ella was kind of scared of me when I tried to talk.   Dave left for work at 9.

The entire day was really long for me. I even tried TV and music videos and stuff to distract Ella but it did not work.  I did give her a bath and let her play for a bit.   I talked Dave into coming home "early" so he got home around 5:20.  Then he worked from home for hours and hours after work though.   He also didn't provide that much assistance with Ella since he was working BUT she was better behaved with both of us here.

Ella nursed about 20 times throughout the day. If she nursed less than a minute I wasn't even marking it down. It's been rough.  She won't really eat. She won't drink water. She won't drink milk out of a cup. Then changing her diaper before bed I saw that her wet diaper was tinted yellow. Poor Ella is a bit dehydrated.

While nursing, she stopped and was squirming. I asked her if she was one or wanted more. She signed more. Then nursed more. Then squirmed again. I asked again and she signed all done. I put her in her crib and she was asleep within 2 minutes.  I think she should have nursed more though. She's barely getting anything.






















2 comments:

  1. The only thing worse than a sick kid is taking care of a sick kid when you are also sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awful. It was awful for a few days but I think this day was the worst.

      Delete