Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 7 of Half Marathon Training

September 14-20

So according to plans I could
  • lift twice, 4.5 mi, 3 mi, 4.5 mi, 50 min cross train, 7 mi run
  • lift twice, 4.5 mi, 3 mi, 4 mi pace, 8 x 400 5k pace, and 9 mi
  • 3 mi, 3 mi, 5 mi, cross train, and 9 mi
  • 3 mi, 6 mi (4 mi at 9:00), 2 mi, 11 mi 
Here's what I did.

Monday: Rest. injury!

Tuesday: Rest. injury! (I did squats.)

Wednesday: I did cize and squats. I should have taken more time off though. (My fit bit arrived so I really wanted to test it so I did cize.)

Thursday: I ran 2.6 miles and then walked the rest of the way back home. I took it slow since my feet were still pretty swollen. I did squats. 

Friday:  I ran 2.56 miles. I did push-ups and squats.

Saturday: I ran 6.29 miles at a 9:22 pace. Then Beth and I walked about a half mile back to the car.  We ran a new loop and it was mostly gravel. That was rough pushing a double jogger through. We took turns pushing it every mile. I did squats. 

Sunday:  Rest Day. I did squats

Total Running Mileage: 11.45 miles (actually way more than expected since was still pretty injured)
Total other things: 2 walks (after runs), 1 cize video, squats 6 times, pushups

Summary: I am not liking my plantar fasciitis acting up. It really puts a damper on running. I want to run. Dave thought I should take weeks off and I only took days off. I should have definitely taken more time off though.  I spent a lot of time icing my feet and it helped some but rest would have helped more. I am so bad at resting.   I felt like I was such a slacker at the end of the week that I didn't even do this post in a timely fashion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment