Friday, October 2, 2015

September 2015 Exercise

 I had a pretty decent month in September.  I ran 69.63 miles. A few times runs were cut short and we walked the rest of the way back as a group so I wouldn't count the walking since no more running was taking place.   My plantar fasciitis got bad mid month and I was forced to take some days off. I did not take enough days off so then it still hurts.
I was part of a September mileage challenge on fb with some people. We did teams. I met my goal on there too. My goal was set then I saw other people's goals so I increased my mileage a bit. My goal was 16 miles, 17 miles, 18 miles, and 18 miles for the 4 weeks. I met that. Walking at the ends of runs counted for that because any just plain old walk would count too. So I had something like 73 miles on there.

 Here's how the year is going so far!  Poor February where I did not meet my goal!
I started running in 2009 but I didn't have total mileage in a nice garmin file. My blog does say I had 150.6 miles in 2009 (at least) since I did a bad job tracking back then and 2010 had 330.25.  Oddly enough my blog says 2011 is 4.22 miles higher so I guess I messed something in transferring.  If I ever remember I'll go back and check. 2012, 2013, and 2014 match in my excel file and on my blog.  
Anyway I'm posting this because there are still months left in the year and I have run more miles this year than ever before!  It really helps that Ella loves her runs. For example yesterday (October 1), I told Ella we weren't going for a run. I had on real clothes (jeans + shirt) and she brought me running shorts. I said I wasn't wearing them. She kept pointing at them and wanting me to put them on.  She's a good coach.  Also recently when Beth was pushing the double, she saw me and yelled "go go go."

I forgot to write about anything else I did. I've been doing Cize this month. (You can order it through me if you plan to order.)  I do it about 3 days a week since I run so much. Well the middle of the month when my feet were so bad, I forced myself not to do it for over a week.  I did a push-up challenge for a week, then a squat challenge for 2 weeks, and the month ended with the start of a 2 week burpee challenge.


I have a half marathon coming up in under a month so that's what I choose to do if I pick something and am trying to rest otherwise.

I try to write down what I do each day on a calendar. I have gone electronic and then gone back to this. I just get something out of writing it down.  I didn't have too many rest days even though I was trying to force myself to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment