Sunday, October 4, 2015

Week 9 of Half Marathon Training


So according to plans I could
  • lift twice, 5 mi, 3 mi, 5 mi, and 10k race
  • lift twice, 5 mi, 3 mi, 9 x 400 5k pace, and 15k race
  • 3 mi, 3 mi, 5 mi, cross, and 10k race
  • 3 mi, 3 mi, 6 mi (4 at 8:57),  and 12 mi
Here's what I did.

Monday: I ran 4 miles with the mom group.  I did cize. Cize was no joke and the 35 minute workout video took me 78 minutes with all my rewinding and then with doing extra at the end.  I also did burpees.

Tuesday: I did cize and burpees again.

Wednesday: I did cize and burpees again. I did 32 burpees for my birthday. It was rough.

Thursday: I think I took a rest day. I never printed my October calendar so now 4 days later I can't remember. I was so sore though.

Friday:  I ran 3.16 miles with Kathryn and Diana.
Saturday: I ran 11 miles with Beth. We ran 4 miles then took a 1 minute walk break every mile. Once we hit 7 miles we did 3:30-1 interval. We were going for distance. We also wanted to quit at mile 2. I also did burpees. For wanting to quit and being in pain our first 4 miles were quite fast. But no wonder Beth felt more like she was going to die. We went out pretty fast.   Once I hit 6 or 7 miles, I knew I completed so much of the run and the last bit was smooth sailing and I felt better about it. I wanted to keep going. I think the walk intervals helped that.

Sunday:  Rest. I did 2 burpees.(I should have done more but it's tough work without shoes on.)

Total Running Mileage: 18.16
Total other things: 5 sets of burpees, 3 Cize videos

Summary: The mileage was lower because I was so sore so I took some days off. My foot bothered me like never before and the outside of my lower back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment