Saturday, April 30, 2016


Ella was up again in the night. She woke up at 3 and I went in and rocked her and she was back to sleep. But then she wouldn't have any parts of me putting her down and leaving. So then I lied on the floor with her. She wouldn't fall asleep. I was freezing without a blanket. So I took her to our big bed. That was a mistake. Then all she wanted to do was talk and move around.  She kept waking Dave and he was mad so we left. I rocked her again.  Finally I was able to leave her but she was still awake. I was able to get back to my bed after 5:15 and fall back to sleep shortly after.

Then Dave's alarm goes off at 7:20. I get back to sleep for a little bit but he has to be at work early so I was still up before 8. Then I had to wake Ella up at 8 to leave to get him to work.

We got home and I actually had plenty of time to finish cleaning up. I could have cleaned the kitchen a little more.  I put on some toddler tunes for Ella so she was dancing around.   People started showing up at 10. Within a few minutes everyone was here.  3 adults and 5 kids came so that made 4 of us moms and 6 kids total.  Then we started our bootcamp.  I think it went pretty well. I forgot to take a picture with everyone here and didn't take any action shots.  One mom had to leave early because her son wasn't having it.  She made it 2/3 the workout.  We worked out  for 45 min from start to finish but had a few breaks so I think we only had 35 minutes of working out in there. Ella ran off and peed in the laundry room at one point. I knew when she ran off it was to pee. Her normal doorway to the master bedroom was closed so kids were more closed off in the house.    This was my 2nd class I taught. It was slightly different than the first but with some stuff the same. I have another bootcamp in a week and need to see what else to do.  I want to switch it up some. I think I'm going to add a few things from upper fix and a few from lower fix and remove some of the other ones. I don't want each bootcamp to be the same.  I'm not sure how good of a workout I'm giving everyone. It's a little hard with so many kids but I'm trying and getting some moms to join that don't usually do much so that's good!

There was some winding down and playing so the last person left at 11:30. Then I tried to get Ella dressed from that point on.  No I gave her some yogurt then tried to get her dressed. Finally we were out the door at 12:45. I was trying to leave at 12:30. Luckily magically it was a 16 minute drive to where we had to be so we would only be a minute late.

Ella and I toured a house we are considering renting. It is very fancy in a fancy neighborhood.  Some stuff is older in the house. It was difficult to look because Ella was yelling that she had to go potty almost the entire time. She wouldn't use the bathrooms there. Then she started yelling about the travel potty in the car.   We set an appointment for 7:30 PM when Dave would be able to go. So I knew I'd get to see it again.

I tried to drive Ella extra on the way home to get her to nap. She seemed tired. I had to drive her a full hour though! But at least I got her to sleep.

When I got home, I got her to bed, and immediately camped out on the couch. I needed to rest a little. Or I needed to rest a lot! I was so tired. I didn't fall asleep though. I watched a couple shows. I did eat lunch in there too.  I didn't even get my computer; that's how tired I was.

We did a quick 10 minute hangout with my parents. Ella wanted to talk to mummaw. I tried to call first but Ella flipped out. She wanted to see her on the computer.   Then we got Dave and toured the house again.

This time the tour was a little longer. Ella was so much more pleasant and happy and it was a lot easier to see the house.

On the way home, we got Arby's.   Ella and Dave were done eating and I was still going. I was barely started.  Then Ella joined me. She sat beside me and ate my salad. She did so well. She got her own fork and then she was willing to eat it.

We were so tired. She sat with an iPad and before I knew it, it was 9:30. Oops.

We got her to wear warm PJs. She wanted me to rock her and I said I wasn't.  Then she just crawled right in bed.  She was so good.

I went right into bed but couldn't fall asleep. I kept listening to the town hall that Dave was listening to.

crawling through the cat door

No comments:

Post a Comment