Tuesday, September 13, 2016

41 Weeks (9.11.16)

I had a doctor appointment at 40 weeks and 3 days.  I was 5 cm dilated at that appointment.  The cervix is still posterior but not as much as it was. The doctor and the nurse were both shocked I still had my appointment. They both thought I'd have already had the baby by now since I was 3.5 cm a week earlier.  Once the appointment was over, I had low belly pressure/pain. So I guess the check triggered something.

We talked about my scheduled c-section and she's checking if we can move it to Monday to give me more chance to go into labor.   If no spot is available we'd keep the 7 AM one on Friday. 7 AM appointment means you show up at 5 AM (then she whispered showing up at 5:15 is fine too) and no eating for 8 hours prior.

Thursday morning I emailed the doctor and heard back that they were able to move my c-section to Monday. So it's scheduled for 8 am Monday morning and I have to be there at 6.

Ella is getting clingier and clingier to me. She's also very excited about the baby and likes showing off baby things.

I went into labor at 40 weeks and 6 days. I didn't have to have a c-section. yay.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained 0 lb this week for 49.7 lbs overall. This is up until the morning I gave birth. So It's for 40 weeks and 6 days of pregnancy!


Maternity Clothes:  Everything besides what I sleep in and most maternity clothes don't fit. I'm quite limited.

Movement: He still moves. I can feel arms or legs and butt.

Sleep:  I've been waking up a lot with different belly pressures. I think maybe a contraction but then not. I've been pretty tired but then waking up by 7 daily. I tend to wake up for one reason or another and decide to get up and go to the bathroom at that time just so I'm not waking up again. Then the last night I didn't sleep much since I was constantly nursing a baby.

What I miss: I miss running. I miss holding Ella and walking without pressure. I miss walking or doing things without getting out of breath. I miss bending over to the ground easily. I miss being able to get out of bed when I have to pee without pain.

Symptoms: I breathe heavy. I get out of breath.  I have a lot of low belly pressure/pain when I do things. Swollen ankles. Bleeding heavier when I have a cut.

Best moment this week: Having Miles!

Looking forward to:  This baby deciding to come!!! --- That's what I looked forward to up until the end of the week :) 

Exercise:  We started using the pool for pool walking and I walked Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  After about 30 minutes on Friday, my feet, ankles, and thighs were sore. 


Same this time: Finally there's a baby both times around.

Different from last time: I didn't even have a 41 week post last time. I had a 2 week old already. Miles weighs more than Ella at the 41 week mark though.

1 comment: