Monday, January 15, 2018

Nursing


Well Miles is done nursing. On December 20, I started nursing every other day before nap so that was our first nap without nursing day. He was not a fan.   We did that about a week then nursing before nap was totally done.  He was not a fan the first day.

Then I was going to wait a full week.  December 30 was his first day of not nursing before nap officially.  Then I was going to wait a full week to do every other night before bedtime. But then he got a cold. He was so cranky and clingy all day that I didn't want to take nursing away then.

January 8 (unhappy!)
On January 12, he was so miserable, I nursed him in the middle of the day trying to calm him down. He needed to sleep but all he did was cry.  Nursing helped.  Then that night, I asked him if he wanted books or nursing. He chose books.   Then on the 13th, I was going to offer to nurse and do every other day for a week but I decided just to offer reading again and see how he reacted. He was fine.  We just read 5-9 books before I put him in the crib awake and he's fine. He will often shake his head no that he doesn't want to go into the crib. He will go in and maybe cry for 3 seconds and he stops before I'm out of the room.    So now we are done nursing!   I nursed him for 16 months and 2 days!

With reading instead of nursing, now Ella can sit with us on the chair and listen to the stories too.  In the past week, she'd almost joined me every time that she's been home. Sometimes both Miles and Ella want to lift the flaps on the books so then I say I'll read the book twice so they both get turns.

It's so weird that my last time nursing, I did not realize it would be the last time nursing. It was a bonus time that I even felt weird about doing thinking it'd be a slippery slope and he'd want to nurse extra all the time.    The weaning process so was different with Miles than with Ella.

ETA: I nursed on January 17 when Miles was sick and miserable.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was the last time when I nursed Rory too. She also weaned at 16 months. Very similar! Congrats on being done. Huge accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I was writing that. I remembered the same thing happened to you. I didn't remember the age for Rory though.

      Delete