Saturday, June 30, 2018

1 Second a Day apps

Two friends have done a video clip a day and posted a month at a time and I wanted to do it. I decided to try a few.

1 second daily cam  - free. Downloaded this first since I didn't want to pay 4.99 for an app.  But then there is no way to save the video you create.  I then went to read reviews and it even took awhile for me to see that others were complaining about this. I'm not sure why anyone would even want it if you can't save them.   You can only use the app in horizontal mode. It was easy to pick what video clips.  When I was reading reviews lots of people were saying that some days would have a black screen instead of the video/picture when they compiled.
I did a screen recording of it(See below) to give you an idea.


I guess it did save it, it just didn't let me know! Only realized this as I was making this post and inserting videos.

I decided to try another free app
1 Second Video Diary - 1Day1SE  - free. the pictures you are picking from are so small. I can't tell the difference between pictures and videos. I actually can't even figure out if any videos are being shown.  I guess it only does pictures that it compiles. If you pick a vertical one it doesn't really show you where the crop markings would be when it throws it into the video at the end.     Good thing I gave up because it only let me add a week's worth before paying.

here's another screen recording and I didn't realize when doing it that it wouldn't let me load more!

Actual video:
Ugh. I'll try 1 more free one before I break down and pay.
Video 365 Free Photo Journal --- I read reviews first and apparently there were major issues downloading.  but some reviews are old so I'm giving it a try.  It took forever to download.  So long that I quit.   I can easily click videos or pictures separately but some don't seem to work.

It seems they did actually save with the pictures I had.
I broke down and spent 4.99 and the app is great. Maybe I feel better that I tried the other ones.

If you want an app and to save an hour of your time just get the top one that is 1 Second Everyday: Video Diary.   It even has a roll the dice feature where you can click it and it will auto populate. I think it only does 16 days or so at a time but still it saves time then you can edit if you don't like it.  Auto populate picks horizontal videos. It may leave some blank if it didn't find a video but then I go back and fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment