Monday, April 9, 2012

April Workout Goals - Weeks 1 and 2 (8 days)

I'm STILL injured so these will still be different than previous months.  I feel old and washed up.

Summary
  1. No running until April 7. [New and will be hard.] - kind of did it
  2. Complete 18 cardio workouts - Completed 7 so far
  3. Complete 13 core workouts - Completed 2 so far
  4. Frequency: Run 8 time - Completed 3 so far
  5. Run 60 total miles - Completed 5.06 mi so far
  6. Workout with Dave 5 times - Completed 3 so far
  7. Lift weights 10 times on my own - Completed 1 so far
  8. Attend Body Pump 4 times - Completed 1 so far
  9. Have 3 double workout days - Completed 1 so far
  10. Stretch for 10 consecutive minutes 5 times - Completed 1 so far
  11. Do foam roller exercises 10 times - Completed 1 so far
  12. Perform yoga or a similar group fitness class 2 times - Completed 0 so far
I have a few other goals that are related to exercise but aren't me working out.
  1. Have another photo shoot to get some athletic pictures for at the top of this post. (March = 1, met)
  2. No more than 8 rest days all month  - Had 2 rest days
  3. Put my monthly workout goals in excel or some program so I have them all together and can pull some data based on that.  - Partially done
  4. Make more collages with exercise photos and add them to my exercise gallery - Made some more.


Details:
  1. No running until April 7. [New and will be hard.]
    1. Did it kind of. I went to the track with Dave and it should have been easy but it was hard.
  2. Complete 18 cardio workouts (running, exercise bike, or elliptical)  (March = 18, met; February = 18, not met; January = 19, met; December = 18, met; November = 18, met) [This month I will allow 10 minutes on the bike to count if it is a warmup to knee exercises. Usually 15 minutes is the minimum.]
    1. 4/2 Bike (10 min)
    2. 4/3 Spin Class (45 min)
    3. 4/4 Run/Walk with Dave (shouldn't count as running but he went so fast)
    4. 4/4 Spinning
    5. 4/6 Bike
    6. 4/7 Track
    7. 4/8 Track
  3. Complete 13 core workouts (March = 13, not met;  February = 13, not met; January = 13, met; December = 12, met; November = 12, not met) [Usually 5 minutes is the minimum or I won't count it. I will aim for more 6 minute workouts or longer.]
    1. 4/2 (5)
    2. 4/4 Body Pump
  4. Frequency: Run 8 times. (March = 8, met;  February = 12, met; January = 14, met; December = 10, met, November = 12, met with 15) [I have 2 races this month and am injured so plan to run fewer times.]
    1. 4/4
    2. 4/7
    3. 4/8
  5. Distance: Run 60 total miles  (March = 60, met; February = 60, met; January = 13, met; December = 40, November = 65, met)
    1. 1.44 (4/4)  + 1.42 (4/7) +  2.2 (4/8) = 5.06
  6. Workout with Dave 5 times. (March = 5, met; February = 9, not met; January = 10, met; December = 12, not met; November = 8, met) 
    1. 4/4 Track
    2. 4/7 Track
    3. 4/8 Track
  7. Lift weights 10 times on my own. (March = 8, not met; February = 5, not met; January = 5 met; December = 5, not met; November = 4, met with 5) 
    1. 4/2 Legs
  8. Attend Body Pump 4 times. (March = 4, met;  February = 4, not met; January = 3, met; December = 3, not met; November = 4, not met)
    1. 4/4 (Wednesday)
  9. Have 3 double workout days (morning + evening, lunch + evening, etc) (March = 2, met; February = 2, met; January = 2, met)
    1. 4/4 Track + Spinning and Body Pump
  10. Stretch for 10 consecutive minutes 5 times  (March = 10, met; February = 2, not met; January = 2, met)
    1. 4/2
  11. Do foam roller exercises 10 times (March = 8, not met)
    1. 4/2
  12. Perform yoga or a similar group fitness class 2 times. (March = 2, not met; February = 2, not met; January = 2, met; December = 2, met; November = 3, not met) - I hate this goal. I know yoga is good though.
I have a few other goals that are related to exercise but aren't me working out.
  1. Have another photo shoot to get some athletic pictures for at the top of this post. (March = 1, met)
    1. 4/4
  2. No more than 8 rest days all month (sitting at stretching or doing foam roller exercises means it is not a rest day)  (March<8, met)
    1. 4/1 
    2. 4/5
  3. Put my monthly workout goals in excel or some program so I have them all together and can pull some data based on that. (March = not met)
    1. 4/1 mostly put them all in - At least it's a start
  4. Make more collages with exercise photos and add them to my exercise gallery (March = met)
Why is that when you are injured you want to work out even more. I should make a goal not to gain 10 lbs while my knee is injured this year. It's the same injury that I had last year and during that time I gained 10 lbs and none of my clothes fit. Even after I started running again, it still took sometime to get the weight off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment