Sunday, October 11, 2009

5k

ran the 5k. hilly but fun. should have done the 10k. they thought i was doing the 10k so they forgot to hit the timer until like 5 or 10 seconds after i finished. i'll find out my time later. i tried to time myself but at one point i hit stop instead of lap.
it was for the pittsburgh runners club. highland park. took me about 40 minutes to get there.

there weren't a lot of people running. most of the kids only ran 2 miles (or was it 2k)
but then people ran the 5k and very few ran the 10k.
the 10k was the 5k course twice.
it was hard to push myself not knowning times and not having people near me.

the official times will be posted later (but i know mine will be slower than I ran it).

The steps were killer. there were a lot. they were steep.
but then near the end the hill was like the hill between the high school and west in our xc course. but it felt so much harder than that one used to.

a name like hill street should have given it away to me that there would be lots of hills.

the gowear fit says i burned about 275 calories during the race

it was cold but warm in the sun. i ran in my shorts (took of pants) but i kept my jacket thing on. then i regretted that later.
but a 5k is so short so there wasn't too much time I had to suffer.

i got home and then i used the exercise bike for 16 minutes since a 5k is a short workout. ~87 calories for that.

i ate more calories in sour patch kids yesterday than i burned today during those exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment