Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pet Peeves

You know those things that annoy you but really shouldn't? I have a few of them.  I'm not sure I'd classify these as pet peeves but I guess that's what they are. They are just a little bit more annoying to me than some of my normal pet peeves. 

I cannot stand when someone bites a string cheese or bites Pull n' Peel Twizzlers. Now I don't know why this bothers me so much. It shouldn't. Some people know this bothers me so they make it a point to bite the string cheese right there in front of me to get me bothered by it.  Back in May someone bit a Pull n' Peel Twizzler in front of me without knowing it bothered me and I still constantly think about it. This is a bad problem to have. 

I cannot stand stickers or labels on things. When you buy a plastic container that sticker has to be removed immediately. When you get something new with a display there is always a clear sticker over it. That has to be removed immediately. Sometimes I've been in someone else's house or their cube and their stickers are still there. It's so distracting. I just want to take it off.  I would say that I've probably removed the stickers or labels on other people's stuff before without even asking. I hope they don't care but really don't care if they do because that sticker had to come off! 

Bikers running red lights. I didn't notice this until DBC but during my walks to the train station I always notice lights being red and people coming with their bicycles and just running the red lights.  It happens often and really bothers me every single time.  Most of the time there are cars that have to wait to go on their green lights because of these bikers. I get so annoyed by this that I'm usually thinking about it on my train ride home too.  I get annoyed with myself that I'm too slow to go through the intersection at the end of my street. I start moving when it turns green but it is always red before I'm even across to the shoulder. 

What are ours? If you want to get annoyed you can check out a list of pet peeves. I only jumped around on the list but most didn't even bother me at all. There is also no mention of twizzlers, string cheese, stickers, or labels on that list.

I found "being the first one at any party" to be funny because I'm often first and say I do it because others hate to be first. 

Here are a few from the list that also bothered me. Now I think some are just annoying versus what I'd consider a pet peeve but I'll keep them on the list anyway. 
  1. Drivers who don't use a turn signal.
  2. People who drink directly out of the milk/orange juice container. 
  3. Using speaker phones in public areas at work. 
  4. Roadmaps that aren't folded correctly. 
  5. When your spouse/roommate uses the butter to put on their toast, and leaves crumbs in the container. 
  6. When people don't send thank you notes. 
  7. Someone standing over my shoulder reading the computer screen. 
  8. Jerks who take up 2 parking spaces. 
  9. People who leave shopping carts in the parking lot instead of taking them back to the corral. 
  10. People who go the wrong way in a parking lot. 
  11. People throwing trash into a recycle bin. 
  12. When people don't clear the microwave numbers. 
  13. When people don't RSVP to an event. 
  14. Drivers who signal after they make a lane change. 
  15. People who spell "you're" as "your." 
  16. Taking forever to leave a parking space while others are clearly waiting for it 
  17. When people are using armrests on both sides of you. 
  18. People who are always late.
  19. Someone opening a cabinet door or drawer and leaving it open. 
  20. People who use self checkout lanes but don’t know how to use them and slow us all down. 
  21. People that don't answer e-mail. 
  22. Failing to take a backpack into account when turning or backing into people 
  23. When you ask for LOTS of ketchup and they give you only two or three packets. 
  24. Shopping carts with a broken wheel. 
  25. Going out to dinner with a big group, eating $10 worth of food and having to split the whole bill and ending up paying much more than you ate. 
  26. People who make you take off your shoes when you go into their house. 
  27. I hate slow people walking in front of me. 
  28. People who are late. 
  29. Grocery shopping carts with a bad wheel. 
  30. People who leave their pets in their hot cars in the summer. 
  31. People who people park a shopping cart in the middle of the aisle in Wal-Mart or grocery store, blocking the way for others and then walking away to gather items. 
  32. People who smoke right outside the door of a nonsmoking establishment, getting smoke all over everybody who enters/leaves. 
  33. Things sticking out of drawers 
  34. Utility/Cable service people that don't show up on time. 
  35. People who don't move to the back of the bus when there is plenty of room to do so. 
  36. Used grocery bags that aren't folded correctly. 
  37. Drivers who drive slow in the left lane. 
  38. People who eat while talking on the phone to me. 
  39. People trying to enter an elevator when people IN the elevator haven't left yet. 
  40. People who don't say "thank you" or even acknowledge you when you hold the door for them. 
  41. TV shows and commercials ads with ringing doorbells or phones, which make you into thinking the sound is coming from your house. 
  42. I hate when restaurant staff starts clearing dishes away when not everyone has finished eating -- leaving the one person at a table of four to feel bad they haven't finished yet. 
  43. People who can't seem to understand that " red eyes" are possible to remove in photos. 
  44. Characters in movies always order food then end up leaving the table long before the food could be served.
  45. Characters that have just met each other in movies arrange dates without exchanging any contact or meet information.
  46. How people merging onto a highway or interstate always fail to reach a merging speed and cause havoc.
Many of the things that annoy me weren't even on that list but maybe I'll ramble about everything else some other day.  Do any of the conveniently numbered items above annoy you?

BTW my laptop power cord is now labeled with my initials and it's bothering me. It's not neat and pretty anymore. But I guess at least people won't try to steal my cord when I unplug my computer for 5 min to go help someone or go sit on the couch.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Because it's basically like something I would have written. It made me laugh!

      Delete
  2. I HATE when people don't RSVP. "Pet peeve" does not do justice to describe an act so rude it can barely be described. It's like saying I have a pet peeve of being punched. I have a pet peeve of when people let their dogs kill my cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I didn't want to describe these as pet peeves but couldn't think of another thing. Also some on the list annoy me more than others. Like some annoy me at the second they happen but don't annoy me 5 minutes later. Some other ones still annoy me months later. or years later.

      Delete
  3. OMG not clearing the microwave numbers! I can't handle that. I have to clear them every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I always have to clear them. But at least once I clear them it stops bothering me. Not like some other things.

      Delete
  4. Also leaving cabinet doors open. Tanner is a habitual offender of that. I am always closing doors and drawers after he's left the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me a 90% closed drawer is worse than 100% open for some reason. Dave used to have this pencil holder at work with 6 baby drawers and he'd send me a picture where it had a drawer open a few millimeters or any y amount less than an inch. Sometimes I had to walk up 3 flights of stairs just to close the dang thing because I could not take it knowing it was open.

      Delete
    2. I know exactly what you mean. I also hate when there's something sticking out of a drawer slightly. I will go back and fix it so the drawer can shut all the way. Clothing does this a lot and it makes me crazy.

      Delete
    3. I don't like super full drawers because it's hard to get them closed without a little of the clothes sticking out but I try really hard to fix this. Dave does not.

      Delete
  5. I do 16 all the time. My pet peeve (or one of many) is people waiting for your parking space. Obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here you have to wait or you drive around for 30 minutes and get no spot (I did that 30 minute thing yesterday)

      Delete
    2. I hate having to wait more than I hate people waiting for my spot. I hate dealing with parking so much that I just shop online though.

      Delete
  6. I do 16 all the time. My pet peeve (or one of many) is people waiting for your parking space. Obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete