Saturday, September 28, 2013

27 Weeks (Sept 28)


Each day I'm on the scale I think it's about a lb higher than the day before. Probably a bad trend.

I had my glucose test. I didn't like fasting for so long. I was lightheaded and clammy. Also why does it take so long for results when they could just do a glucose test with one of those strips and you'd learn right there? I think I don't learn for a couple weeks.  If you look online you see a 1 hour test or a 3 hour test. If you don't pass the one hour test you go for a three hour one. But around here it starts off with a two hour test. I'm not really sure why.

Our crib is in but with a Hackathon all weekend, we won't have time to pick it up until Sunday night. I hope we do have time then.

I took numerous weekly pictures a day early but was short on time so I only got to the first picture of both types that I was actually facing to the side and put them in. (Most pictures I'm accidentally slightly angled.) So in future weeks I might have a different photo for the week 27 spot but for now it's good enough.  The pictures all look so similar lately yet I'm getting more comments about looking pregnant. I think from the front it's a little more noticeable than it was before. And I realized I used a different date format for 9-27 so I guess I should redo that too when I finally pick a picture.   I took the pictures a day early because of the hackathon.

I feel like there is more I should mention but can't think of it now.
Size of baby: Cauliflower, 14.4 inches long from head to heel. My app on my phone says the baby weighs about 2 pounds, which is the same weight it listed for 26 weeks.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  15.4 lb gain overall. I gained 3.3 in the past week. (Apparently I gained 1.5 lb in the past day. I also moved the scale to clean the floor so that might have something to do with it.) 



Maternity Clothes:  Same as the previous weeks. I got new jeans. They are a little better but still falling down. I hate the lack of belt loops because belt loops are nice to tug pants back up.

Gender: Girl!


Movement: Same as the last few weeks. I can feel movement. I can hear a heartbeat.


Sleep: I'm more tired lately. I've been napping when I've been home.


What I miss: Exercising and running.



Cravings: Nothing yet.  

Aversions: Nothing really. 



Symptoms: Same as last week! 
Last week - Nothing this week besides lightheadedness sometimes. I have figured out that I can't stand or shop after eating. That's when lightheadeness happens. But if I stand or walk a few hours after eating, I'm fine.

Best moment this week: I'm not sure. I did enjoy looking at some nerdy baby clothes and pinned them. That may sound the same as last week but I pinned more.  I'm glad to finish my glucose test to have that out of the way. I got some new clothes so that was cool. I got 3 shirts for cheap because shipping is free for orders of $50 or more and well jeans weren't that expensive so now I have 3 new shirts + new jeans. 


Looking forward to:  Can the end of December get here soon enough?  I'm too impatient.   I'm also looking forward to visiting PA in less than a month! 


Exercise:  I went into Dev Bootcamp twice so I biked, walked, then biked like normal on those 2 days. I exercised around my block once. I want to go to the gym to lift weights but I'm scared to go to a new place alone so I want Dave to go and we never go. (Being busy or working until 8 PM is his excuse)

No comments:

Post a Comment