Monday, February 15, 2016

11.26 Thanksgiving

I woke up late and hurried and ran my 5k. After Ella's race we headed home and started cooking immediately.

After a little break in cooking, I was able to shower.  When putting the turkey back in the oven after covering it, I really hurt my back. That was not cool at all.

Ella did not nap and it was the first day we didn't even try to put her in her crib. She did lie down in my bed and cover herself but she did not want to nap. I figured that rest was the best we were going to get.

A little after 4, Fabian and Regina showed up.   We were planning to eat at 5 but were a little behind.  The turkey wasn't done.  We had to finish that then cook other things in the oven. Ella was ready to eat and climbed in her high chair and kept changing "eat" so we gave her some appetizer grapes.   At least she buckled herself into the high chair so then she was out of our way for frantic cleaning.

The food was so good. Ella was so so so tired so in the middle of dinner we left to put her in her crib. She cried at first. She didn't want us to leave her. And then she was asleep within 5 minutes. Then we got to eat in peace.

We cleaned up and did a ton of dishes. Regina did a ton! It was so helpful.

Then we had pumpkin pie!  Yum.

They left around 7:30 and I felt like it was 10 PM. I was so tired. I spent a little more time cleaning up.

Then we relaxed. I used the heating pad on my back and then watched and fell asleep while watching Forest Gump.












tired Ella

clean dishes



No comments:

Post a Comment