Monday, February 13, 2017

Miles 5 Month Update

Photos in stripes were taken on February 10 (his 5 month birthday) and the white onesie ones were taken on the 11th.
Stats:
  • Weight: 16 lb 13.5 oz - 80th percentile 
  • Height: 27.25" - 99.3th percentile
  • Head Circumference: 43.5 cm - 98th percentile
  • Weight/Length Percentile: 27%
  • Diapers: Size 3
  • Clothing: Mostly 9 month clothing. Some 6 month ones fit. He also wears 12 month onesies sometimes. 
  • Shoe Size: N/A
  • Teeth: 2
(stats using WHO, CDC has weight higher and other 2 lower. I never remember which ones I use each month.)
Sleep
I thought last month was awful but this month is even worse. He was having half hour naps and he had to be nursing or it was just difficult.  He wasn't sleeping much. Napping got better as the sleep training started. Even if he fell asleep on me, it just ended up as a better nap. He didn't really cry in his crib at naps it just helped.

He wakes up a few times throughout the night and goes right back to sleep but still wants to nurse for a bit.  Once awake, he's awake about 1.5 hours then a nap. Then he's up for about 2 hours before a nap.  At the end of the day sometimes his napping schedule doesn't work out right and he's awake 3-4 before he goes to sleep for the night.

Eating
This month he had a lot of issues sleeping and would only sleep if he was nursing at the same time. This meant his eating duration increased a lot.

This month I started feeding Miles baby food purees. He had 1 every day to every other day. He's had pears, bananas, and apples.

He is awful at nursing if he's not in his room in quiet darkness. It makes things very difficult.

Sample Schedule:
Around 7:00 PM,  he likes to start nursing to go to sleep. Lately he wakes up at least 3 times in the middle of the night. I'm sick of this sleep! Lately it's around 1 something and 3 something. Sometimes it's a time before I got o sleep and something at 6 too.  Throughout the day he's awake 2-3 hours between naps except the very first one of the day it's usually 1.5 hours. Also if he has a late nap he still wants to go to bed near 7.  Somehow he still seems to manage 3 naps a day.

Special Moments:
On January 13, Ella changes Miles's diaper.
On January 14, we swapped carseats and Ella's carseat from my car went into Dave's car for Miles.
On January 15, Ella changed a third diaper! He sat for a couple minutes holding himself up with his arms.
On January 18, I noticed he was actually playing with his toys.
On January 19, he held his own bottle.
On January 21, Miles used his jumperoo for the first time.
On January 22, Miles rolled over on his play mat. Dave let him suck on his bagel bite a little bit. He enjoyed it.
On January 26, Miles rode in a swing for the first time.
On January 29, Miles had baby food for the first time. It was pear and he ate the entire little container.
On January 30, Miles likes to blow raspberries and also make fake fart sounds. He thinks it's funny.  He chilled pleasantly in the bouncer while I showered!
On February 2, Miles and I played hide and seek with Ella.
On February 3, I tried a sippy cup with him but he had trouble.  I tried to give him cold milk. He had a little but then he cried.
On February 6, we started sleep training.
On February 9, I had to wake Miles to feed him then go to the dentist. Dave watched Miles for 65 minutes while I was at the dentist. I had to wake him again later to go to a meetup. I hate having to wake him :(  I realize he's ticklish. I'm not sure when it started.

Development:
He's ticklish. He plays with toys more. He grabs toys and moves them from hand to hand. He's a bit better at car rides. He whines and complains a lot more lately when he's put down or ignored. He sits in his bumbo for a half hour or more.  He rolls over a lot front to back now. This month he really became more interested in food. He grabs my hair a lot now. 

Other Tidbits:
Likes
He likes to be the weights in bench pressing and overhead extensions (while lying down).
He likes to be kissed.
He likes to watch Dave play video games.
He likes to talk or coo all the time.
He likes to go for runs in the stroller.
He likes to watch Cohh on TV (Twitch TV).
He likes to watch TV.
He likes when Dave gets home from work in the evening.
He likes Ella!
He likes to get swaddled.
He likes to be swaddled while sleeping.
He likes Dave to give him his nighttime swaddle and if he's not home then he's miserable until this takes place. But then he cries while Dave is swaddling him.
He likes to just look at himself in the mirror on his play mat for awhile.

Dislikes
He hates to nurse when not swaddled.
He doesn't like nursing around other people.
He doesn't like to nurse anywhere besides his room!
He doesn't like to be forward facing in strollers yet. He likes to be able to see me.

Fun Facts
Longest time sleeping: 10 hours 39 minutes  (639 minutes)
Days with a sleep greater than 5 hours: 23
Days with a sleep greater than 6 hours: 18
(According to the internet sleeping through the night is considered sleeping 5-6 straight hours.)
Days with sleep greater than 8 hours: 8 (11 last month)
Diapers used (from February 1-11): 10.2 per day 
Time spent nursing (from February 1-11): 263 minutes (4:23) per day  
Time spent sleeping (from February 1-11): 14.1 hours per day
Doctor Visits: 2 (4 month well check and eczema follow-up)
Illnesses: 1 (eczema  if you can call it an illness) - it's more of a constant battle   

Favorite Toys
Piano Play Mat
Standing Table (plays music)
Giraffe teether
Keys
Key Teether
Teethers in general

Favorite Songs
ABCs
Whatever Ella sings to him

Favorite Books
none yet (He's liked books but doesn't seem to have a favorite)

Other Tidbits
His eczema is mostly cleared up but then he has times where he gets some patches again. Lately his head has been really itchy. He sure learned how to take socks off his hands. 
"Where's Ella!?"
My recovery
I lost the 4 lbs I gained last month.  I still have 26.2 lbs still to lose.  My knee is still stiff a lot and not getting a lot better. It's not awful but it's at the same level it's been at for awhile. I ran 2.33 miles but then didn't run again in over a week to increase it. My groin hurts more when I'm done running than my knee.  I'm so exhausted it's so hard to function. At night once Ella is finally asleep, I can't fall asleep right away. I need a little alone time.

Again I think I'm forgetting a lot.

1 comment:

  1. This was around the time when Aurora's sleep went to crap, too. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete