Saturday, March 31, 2012

3.10 - Race photos

I took race photos for the first time ever. 5k, 5miles, and 10 miles.  It was quite exciting to be around when people were finishing but it was also killing me to not be running.  I uploaded the photos to my other picasa since my normal one will get full. But then I made a new picasa for the race people.
It took a long time to get the photos uploaded onto one of the race directors laptops. The only card reader kept breaking with the eye-fi card. I took over 1700 pictures. Kevin (bright jacket in the top right) also took race photos but he only took 1 picture of each finisher and I tried to get as many as possible.  I also got pictures of people going around their laps because I always wish I had them when I run long races. I created 4 albums and the 5th has 24 photos and that's what the student photographer took that they posted. (I logged in and there were 6 albums but they had one as private. I changed it to share because they were other race photos. Good thing they never changed the password) Since I took so long to write this I ended up finding a blog of someone who ran this race and she photo credited me. Boy did that make me happy.  She also ran the 50k that I ran and I remember here there. I'm even in one of her photos on her blog!  (Getting the photography credit made me so happy so I thought on the March Mad Dash albums, I should say the photos were by me.)

Taking photos at the race made me want to take photos at all races that I'm available for. It was killing me not to run it myself though.
After I got home, I had some pizza for lunch.  At the race they had tons of food, but I was busy taking photos. By the time I was done, I was trying to get the pictures loaded onto someone's laptop and they already started putting everything away.

Dave and I went to Target and then Lowe's. We spent $119 at Target even though we only had 5 things on our list.  We bought 2 new light fixtures so that we could replace the keyless fixture that is nothing but a light bulb hanging down as a ceiling light.  Dave wanted to install them when we got home but I said we had to watch Dexter. There were 3 episodes left in the season and he thought I would wait. All I think about is Dexter so I don't want to wait.

We watched Dexter. We made quesadillas for dinner.  We watched some other TV too.

I fell asleep on the couch fairly early. It was a little after 10 and that's early for me on a Saturday. Usually Dave falls asleep by then on a Saturday.

12 comments:

  1. Hahaha - I got that way about Dexter when I first started watching it. Very few shows do that to me.

    Before I read this post, the first thing I thought was that those were some well-timed race photos. Well no wonder. What a good gig for someone who runs and is very much into pictures. It would be so hard not to want to do all the races, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all caught up on Dexter now and it is sad times.

      BTW I didn't pick those race photos because they were the "best" I picked them because it was male winner, female winner, shirtless guy, my friend, girl who I found her blog, random start photos, picture with Kevin from Elite Runners and Walkers, and picture to show I took pictures of people as they did their laps.

      I posted the link to these photos on their facebook page and got lots of compliments on them.

      Delete
    2. I didn't know you watched Dexter!? or TV at all really

      Delete
  2. I think "male winner" might be the nicest one. Really captures the moment. I recognized "shirtless guy" right away, too. He's just all over the dang place, and never brings a top. Characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirtless guy always runs shirtless. Adrienne even knew who I meant and told me other races he always runs without his shirt in the middle of winter. I've probably only seen him at 6 or so races. He was at Laurel Highlands Ultra but when I saw him it was before he ran and he had on a shirt. I should look up his name so maybe I can call him that versus shirtless guy.

      Delete
  3. Oh shoot - I think I screwed up and didn't hit "Reply," so now that looked like a separate comment. Heck, now so does this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's OK. To a quick observer they'll think I had more than one friend.

      Delete
  4. How do you watch Dexter? Do you get Showtime? I am so anxious for the latest season to get released on DVD but I hear it won't be till August. Boo :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have 5 seasons on DVD. I'm actually a season behind what was aired but I don't have showtime. We already preordered the season and I'm waiting.... penitently.

      I love that show.

      Delete
    2. It's by far one of the best shows I've ever seen. So amazing. I can't wait to see the current season. It's making me consider actually paying for Showtime. That and Weeds.

      Delete
  5. Hey new blog friend! I loved that you took so many photos of each runner, and during the laps. It seems that I make the most unfortunate faces when I'm nearing the finish line, so more photos means I'm more likely to find one where I appear human.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I make the worst faces in 9 out of 10 photos so if someone takes 10 versus 1 I'm more likely to get a good one.

      I can't wait to read your race recaps. I keep checking.

      Delete