Wednesday, April 4, 2012

3.23 - Bad Luck

Shoes: Zappos
Skirt: F21
Shirt and Cardigan: Express
Necklace: Target

I hit snooze so many times that I slept in even for a telecommuting day. I had a dream I left my power cord at work. I never had a dream like that before.  I get home and sure enough I don't have my power cord. I start working anyway.  I unplug Dave's power cord and bring it over and realize it doesn't fit my laptop.
Well that meant I had to go into work.  I was enjoying the fresh air so I worked for about an hour.   I headed into work. I put on a comfortable skirt and no pantyhose. (I put pantyhose in my purse just in case I couldn't take bare legs.)   I got to work and my power cord was not in my cube. I asked a friend to check the conference room I was in at the end of the day on the previous day and it was in there.  That meant I had to walk over to building 1 just to get it.   On my way over about 20 minutes later, my manager walks down my row and comments that he thought I'd be at home.  So then I tell him about my power cord.  What luck. But that discussion did prompt telecommuting policy discussion and my manager is changing the rules because we have a different director and now we can telecommute more.  This is good. I probably won't actually get to work from home more because I always have meetings but at least if I have a week with fewer meetings, I could take advantage of it.

But at least I came into work because when I got there I saw my running shoes on my desk. I left them there the previous day.  I was just leaving things everywhere. I spent 5 min looking at home for my shoes before heading into work so I kind of figured they were there.

Everything I worked on all day, I did was noticing I was doing it wrong. I even filled out a form and put my maiden name for last name even though I've been married 4.5 years.  I really didn't want to work on more things because they'd just end up being done wrong.

I left at 3:30 to go run with Jen. We only ran 2.5 miles because Dave wanted to walk and I was meeting him after. I will have separate posts about the exercise.

We ended up getting Supremo's for dinner. While we were waiting for it to be delivered I realized we still had leftover Pizza Hut so I ate 3 slices of that.  We watched Game Change and went to sleep.  That movie reminded me of so many things from 4 years ago and it was also pretty funny.
Just look at that face! I wonder what I was thinking.


  1. I've definitely had days like that... and I write my maiden name after six years! I love that last photo. :) I probably look like that often, lately.

    1. We all do have bad days like this.
      I'm glad I'm not the only one writing my maiden name on forms though.

      I don't usually post outtake photos but I thought that was a good one.