Wednesday, April 4, 2012

3.23 - Bad Luck

Shoes: Zappos
Skirt: F21
Shirt and Cardigan: Express
Necklace: Target

I hit snooze so many times that I slept in even for a telecommuting day. I had a dream I left my power cord at work. I never had a dream like that before.  I get home and sure enough I don't have my power cord. I start working anyway.  I unplug Dave's power cord and bring it over and realize it doesn't fit my laptop.
Well that meant I had to go into work.  I was enjoying the fresh air so I worked for about an hour.   I headed into work. I put on a comfortable skirt and no pantyhose. (I put pantyhose in my purse just in case I couldn't take bare legs.)   I got to work and my power cord was not in my cube. I asked a friend to check the conference room I was in at the end of the day on the previous day and it was in there.  That meant I had to walk over to building 1 just to get it.   On my way over about 20 minutes later, my manager walks down my row and comments that he thought I'd be at home.  So then I tell him about my power cord.  What luck. But that discussion did prompt telecommuting policy discussion and my manager is changing the rules because we have a different director and now we can telecommute more.  This is good. I probably won't actually get to work from home more because I always have meetings but at least if I have a week with fewer meetings, I could take advantage of it.

But at least I came into work because when I got there I saw my running shoes on my desk. I left them there the previous day.  I was just leaving things everywhere. I spent 5 min looking at home for my shoes before heading into work so I kind of figured they were there.

Everything I worked on all day, I did was noticing I was doing it wrong. I even filled out a form and put my maiden name for last name even though I've been married 4.5 years.  I really didn't want to work on more things because they'd just end up being done wrong.

I left at 3:30 to go run with Jen. We only ran 2.5 miles because Dave wanted to walk and I was meeting him after. I will have separate posts about the exercise.

We ended up getting Supremo's for dinner. While we were waiting for it to be delivered I realized we still had leftover Pizza Hut so I ate 3 slices of that.  We watched Game Change and went to sleep.  That movie reminded me of so many things from 4 years ago and it was also pretty funny.
Just look at that face! I wonder what I was thinking.

2 comments:

  1. I've definitely had days like that... and I write my maiden name after six years! I love that last photo. :) I probably look like that often, lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all do have bad days like this.
      I'm glad I'm not the only one writing my maiden name on forms though.

      I don't usually post outtake photos but I thought that was a good one.

      Delete