Friday, September 24, 2010

Friend Friday: Dos and Don'ts

1. What do you think are some of the top fashion don’ts? (Things you would never be caught dead in and cringe when other people wear them.) Wearing multiple different weird patterns together.  I can picture in my mind what I'm trying to say.  But some people wear multiple patterns that are so crazy weird and don't seem to go together at all. I can't handle that...ever.  I also think really short shorts that are high waisted are no good. Open toed boots will never be understood by me.

2. What previous fashion don’t do you now wear with pride? A previous fashion don't FOR ME was open toed shoes because of my messed up toenail and now I wear my sandals that are open toed and love them. 
I remember a few years ago commenting how I would never wear that and then noticing I started to. I just can't think of what it is. I remember a thought in 7th or 8th grade (or maybe 6th) about how Flares were crazy and I'd never wear them. Then the next year I started wearing them along with the rest of the class. The first year only a few people had them.  I had the same thought about Skinny jeans. I never thought they'd work. Now I try them on seeing if they'd fit (they never do, so I don't own a pair).

3. Do you think there is a universal fashion do? I'm not sure.  Little black dress

4. What items lately, either recently in style or coming in now, do you think should never make it off the retail shelves? I can't think of a single example. The more I think the more I realized at my last mall trip, how I hated everything. I can't pinpoint why though. 

5. In your opinion, is there any blogger, fashion icon, celebrity who some how manages to pull off some fashion don’ts and still look good? Anytime I see a fashion don't and notice it, the person isn't pulling it off. Now maybe some people have pulled off a fashion don't but then I don't notice. Therefore I have no examples of this working. I have a lot popping into my head that I think about that the person should have never done that.

I kind of feel bad answering these questions. I am no fashion expert. I didn't even know there was a Fashion Week or that it was happening if it wasn't for some of the blogs I read mentioning it. I saw some pictures from Fashion Week and hated everything I saw. 

I shouldn't have even answered these. I didn't have answers to most of them. 

9 comments:

  1. Interesting answers. I know what you mean about sometimes going out and not really liking anything in the shops. I have been doing that a lot lately!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home
    Daisy Dayz Day Zero Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. My answers aren't interesting... They are awful. But thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the same with the skinny jeans when they first came out; until I tried on a Calvin Klein pair. I also suspect that after that first season, skinny jeans became less skinnier(?) or maybe my eyesight just got adjusted.

    My life, style and pregnancy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. They might have become less skinnier. I'm not really sure. I still can't get them over my calf. (On the opposite way, I find it extremely difficult to find boots that aren't huge around my calves. what gives?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog. To tell you the truth, I came to know harem pants from my teen years when MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice made them popular. Imagine my shock when I started seeing them on "normal" people recently. We just called them hammer pants back then. I had to google their official name as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when MCHammer wore them. I have been shocked to see them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harem pants are awful... and I hate peep toes. I like it when people mix patterns *well*, but most people fail at that. Open toed boots look dumb, imo.

    I didn't think your answers were stupid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you checked out Carolina Herrara's collection on Youtube? The collection was beautiful. Don't feel bad answering the questions because I enjoyed reading them.
    A little black dress is a classic and so versatile.

    www.bubblingwitheleganceandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brie: I used to detest peep-toe but now I only hate them. But If it's a sandal then exposed toe is ok in my book.
    TJWisdom: No but I flagged the email where you commented so I can check at home. I don't get youtube at work. I forgot to flag the email when I first read it so then i forgot about it at home.

    ReplyDelete